Not a pleasant morning here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One of the webcams is still up: http://www.webcamsdemexico.com/webcam-cozumel-grand-park-royal

It looks like a strong SE wind due to the storm. The sea is pretty flat but I wonder how the east side is faring.

Something that will affect visibility for a bit, especially on the southern reefs, is wave action on the east side of the Punta Sur area. It stirs up fine particulates that take a while to settle out. I have seen that as a result of a "normal" strong SE wind.

That webcam link didn’t work for me.

I don’t have Facebook but someone texted me a link to a video of the residencias reef pier being essentially demolished by the storm (I am not posting because I don’t know if links back to a friends personal account or not). Not certain if they share that pier with secrets etc, but probably share with someone. Kind of still there but in pieces in the video , but who knows how long that will last

I hope Aura saved that '3 dollar a diver a day to use their pier' fee:

aura pier.jpeg

I tried the link I posted above. Sometimes it took 3 tries to get connected. I have a dive trip in 20 days staying at Secrets. If no pier I'm considering cancellation.

Goodness, that was the pier, I see more pics and video on Facebook

I tried the link I posted above. Sometimes it took 3 tries to get connected. I have a dive trip in 20 days staying at Secrets. If no pier I'm considering cancellation.

If you can, give them a few days to see what they can make work. I hate to see a business suffering for yet another thing that is beyond their control

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom