DIR- GUE GUE fundamentals, tec pass?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rec 3, are classes that are completely unnecessary, IMHO. Add to that list, doubles primer and dry suit primer
Doubles and drysuit primer are necessary for people who want to start off using that gear for the first time in a safer, more comfortable way from the get go. Nothing unnecessary about those classes, just the certification and 50$ to GUE but to be fair, a new diver would definitely benefit from the materials.

Pretty darn sure the training dives are limited to 150’ for t1. If not by written standard then de facto by the instructors teaching it.

But even if it wasn’t... so 5 aisles at your grocery store? If you aren’t mentally ready for tech diving.... don’t tech dive.

When I took T1, a long time ago, our experience dives were in the 160-190 ft range (with the deeper dives max depths 190 averaging out to 170ft). I believe most instructors that I know are trying to allow experience dives to 50m (circumstances allowing).

Provisionals are a fundies thing. The tech courses--Cave 1, Tech 1, etc are for the most part pass/fail. I think I am aware of one instance where a student was missing one skill and the instructor

Provisional is a fundies thing. Upper level courses are Pass/Fail. This isn't some open book exam where you get to keep all your previous right answers and only change the ones you got wrong. You want to pass the test you need to go home, study, and take it all over again.

Nope... both on my C1 and T1 there was 1 guy who had a provisional. T2 and C2 all passed.

When I took T1, a long time ago, our experience dives were in the 160-190 ft range (with the deeper dives max depths 190 averaging out to 170ft). I believe most instructors that I know are trying to allow experience dives to 50m (circumstances allowing).

I can confirm it: my T1 cert is from 2 weeks ago and the last experience dive was 49m average and 51m max depth.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom