Atmos Mission One

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Again, it never stopped giving me useful numbers on the screen.

ZH-L doesn't care, if they do a lock-out, it'll be extra code on the side added for a**-covering reasons. Unlike those other algorithms where you could push some voodoo-bubble-fudge coefficient far enough out of bounds where it won't compute anymore. In theory anyway: I haven't looked at VPM long enough to know if that's actually possible there, and who knows how RGBM does it -- but I suspect it may be the case with low-end "folded RGBM" computers, at least.

ZH-L doesn't care, if they do a lock-out, it'll be extra code on the side added for a**-covering reasons. Unlike those other algorithms where you could push some voodoo-bubble-fudge coefficient far enough out of bounds where it won't compute anymore. In theory anyway: I haven't looked at VPM long enough to know if that's actually possible there, and who knows how RGBM does it -- but I suspect it may be the case with low-end "folded RGBM" computers, at least.
I've had my Suunto Zoop Novo lock up, but it still works in gauge mode (and logs profiles).

I've had my Suunto Zoop Novo lock up, but it still works in gauge mode (and logs profiles).

Sure, the pressure sensor and the clock don't care. The formulae might.

Sure, the pressure sensor and the clock don't care. The formulae might.
No disagreement. I was just pointing out that the described behaviour of "continuing to provide useful information" while refusing to produce decompression information was in my (limited) experience the norm for "lock up".

No disagreement. I was just pointing out that the described behaviour of "continuing to provide useful information" while refusing to produce decompression information was in my (limited) experience the norm for "lock up".

There's horror stories here on SB about old computers that apparently did it wrong. I expect all current models do "violation gauge mode" lock-out.

Does anyone know what happens if you miss a deco stop? It does not say in the user's manual. Does it put you into violation gauge mode for a period of time?

What happens if you go into Deco?
It suggests deco stop depth and time

What happens during a dive, if you miss a deco stop?
Will show an alarm and ask you to descend

Does the computer lock you out on the surface for a period?
Never

Alerts & alarms - page 22
Fast Ascent|Safety Stop| Safety Stop Pause|Safety Stop Clear|Low NDL| Decompression|Deco Stop| Deco Stop Ceiling Violation

Page 9 of the English Manual
deco.png

I have watched videos on the dive computer and have ready various reviews. Bottom line, is the Atmos Mission One worth buying?

For the Job and Client the Mission One is designed for, it has been great computer so far.

If anyone has any other questions, I would be happy to get you some answers. I have not personally taken this computer into Deco YET. Sadly just started my Tech Course, then broke my foot. Back in the water in 2 weeks. Once I am done with my classes, I will put it on my to do list. Will try to record it versus my Teric and Perdix.

If anyone would like to Dive the Mission One, and you find yourself in Florida Let me know. We can try to work something out. I dive from Key Largo to Ginnie Springs.

Also, if anyone is interested in purchasing a Mission One, I would be happy to Sell you 1, 2 or more..... :)

I dive the ATMOS ONE. I have no other experience with dive computers so I’ll speak only about what I have observed.
It’s intuitive, easy to navigate, has auditory+vibrate alerts, dive log app (super simple), and is NOx compatible. For rec diving, it suits my needs perfectly and I am very happy with it. plus side, it will push smart phone alerts to the computer so when I’m down I can actually see missed calls and txt messages.
my 2 psi....

I forgot to add. It does have a drawback. The no fly timer is 24 hours after repetitive dives instead of 18hr. That is something I don’t like about it.
Trying to learn how to adjust that without making every other parameter “less conservative”.

I forgot to add. It does have a drawback. The no fly timer is 24 hours after repetitive dives instead of 18hr. That is something I don’t like about it.
Trying to learn how to adjust that without making every other parameter “less conservative”.
You don't really need your computer to tell you this?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom