Waterproof Dive Card

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jake 10

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello everyone. I am looking for Waterproof Dive Cards for Florida Keys, Bonaire and Cozumel. I have search Amazon, DiversDirect, Zazzel and other sites without avail. Can someone please share where may I find dive cards? Thank you

Yep, many destinations at LP...

Kind of very limited value.

Buy a set of Reef Fish, Caribbean by Paul Humann.

Read and learn the part in the front where they teach you how to identify the bars, the stripes, the marks, the shapes...that is the key.

Get a class in UW Naturalist. A good instructor will show you HOW to find the critters, not just knowing names.

Carry a flashlight, even during the day. Get a glass lenses magnifying glass.

There’s so much to discover, but those placards are fairly useless.

Kind of very limited value.

Buy a set of Reef Fish, Caribbean by Paul Humann.

Read and learn the part in the front where they teach you how to identify the bars, the stripes, the marks, the shapes...that is the key.

Get a class in UW Naturalist. A good instructor will show you HOW to find the critters, not just knowing names.

Carry a flashlight, even during the day. Get a glass lenses magnifying glass.

There’s so much to discover, but those placards are fairly useless.
These are good suggestions, but not what the OP asked.

upload_2020-10-8_7-19-9.png

I predict an app based approach in the future similar to Google Lens for fish ID. Just look at the fish and the app will ID it in your HUD display.

The current Humann/DeLoach eBook is awful to use.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom