Waterproof Dive Card

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Probably correct. Needs to change Thread Title to something more appropriate!

Currently:

Waterproof Dive & Fish Card
Hi - Can you show me how to change the title?

The ID books are ok to use but not very efficient. Not too bad when relaxing post dive. But only using the books at a resort or LOB - I haven't hauled those beasts anywhere since luggage weight limit changed from 70 to 50 pounds. I had hopes for the e-version until I saw it. IMO, much harder than using the books, since unless something has changed they didn't really take advantage of the medium. Perhaps cost more to do that, but more people might buy them too.

But apparently not what the OP is asking about, and changing the thread title probably won't help at this point haha. I would agree that the best place to find them might be at the destinations. Maybe you could arrange for someone there to try and find them for you and send them or bring them back. Maybe easier to find books with such images - chop one up and laminate? I don't know how heat lamination would stand up to depth.

I think the OP is looking for waterproof diving and fishing location cards, not fish ID cards.
correct. I need to change the title and remove "fish"

Dive site maps are very localized in marketing or availability.

For Roatan, I believe there are currently only two artists that do such work. AKR & CCV carry the entire selections for their areas in postcard 5x7 format,

I’ve seen very nifty Red Sea Log Books with pre-printed pages for various dive sites.

in that the artist can only control the sale of the work with issuing hard copies, there isn’t any reason to display them online...Lack of resolution is really not much of a deterrent to screen shooting.

I drew this, got permission for the matching image picture, had them printed on plastic.

1A22C829-E044-419A-A033-7F0382E842A8.jpeg

The ID books are ok to use but not very efficient. Not too bad when relaxing post dive. But only using the books at a resort or LOB - I haven't hauled those beasts anywhere since luggage weight limit changed from 70 to 50 pounds. I had hopes for the e-version until I saw it. IMO, much harder than using the books, since unless something has changed they didn't really take advantage of the medium. Perhaps cost more to do that, but more people might buy them too.

But apparently not what the OP is asking about, and changing the thread title probably won't help at this point haha. I would agree that the best place to find them might be at the destinations. Maybe you could arrange for someone there to try and find them for you and send them or bring them back. Maybe easier to find books with such images - chop one up and laminate? I don't know how heat lamination would stand up to depth.

I was talking about the eBook version of those books. I have the paper versions but as you say, they weigh too much.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom