What size steel tank is this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mattspiral8

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey guys, need your expert eyes on this. So i was able to buy a steel tank (blue) for $50 and currently in hydro, Yes i know what a deal. Lady sold it to me didnt know exactly what size the tank is, and i am also having a hard time figuring out what size it is due to the fact that the markings are not very clear. What i know for a fact is that its Faber. A friend of mind said its a HP100? So it really a faber hp100? Sorry still a pretty new diver.

below is pictures of the steel tank(blue) beside a AL80(black)
4A7CAF17-F30E-400D-B138-D45DB42ED56F.jpeg
F7866432-A220-4BFF-920D-A9367A60990A.jpeg
CC0057F6-3170-408B-8B10-5FD76961D460.jpeg

Looks like an HP80 to me. They're stubby little nuggets, but they're awesome.

Looks like an HP80 to me. They're stubby little nuggets, but they're awesome.

Its not a HP 80 because my friend has one and the one i have is actually taller about 2-3 inches and thats with the same size boot.

Yep, looks like a HP80 to me, too. Dwarf tanks. Excellent for single tank diving for shorter people.

Definitely not an HP tank. Try using a crayon or grease pencil to go across the marking and then wipe with a rag, it will fill in the markings and help them stand out. See my example below.

Attachments

• IMG_0781.jpeg
    IMG_0781.jpeg
    146.8 KB · Views: 101
3AA2400 is stamped on it in the last photo. Besides Faber didn't make HP cylinders until 2003

Manufactured in 1995. The cylinder has been repainted at some point because the 2000 hydro stamp has been painted over

I would guess it's an LP80 which were popular in those days

Given you the OP has provided no physical dimensions it could an LP66 or LP76. I have sets of both.

Back
Top Bottom