Just Returned from Another Coz Trip, Looking for New Dive Destinations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Costa Rica is open to some US states now, several more Oct 15, and all of them Nov 1. Fly into Liberia and you're 20 minutes from Playa Coco. See my post earlier in the thread. You have a compact walkable location, 3 or 4 dive ops to choose from, enough bars and restaurants in one small area to enjoy a bit of nightlife but mostly quiet and relaxed. Reminds me of Coz before the cruise ships. Diving is very good but about ten degrees cooler and 40-50' is considered very good viz. No coral but tons of fish and rock formations. Topside is always hot. Prices on par with Coz, perhaps about 10% higher.
My wife, daughter and I also had a very nice trip to Playas del Coco. We had very good dives to the Bat Islands, Catalinas Islands, and local dives in the Gulf of Papagayo. We saw Bull Sharks, mantas, mobulas, dolphins and plenty of other things. The town had many good restaurants and was still reasonably quaint. There are many other activities nearby that can be done as day trips. We rented a car, the drive from Liberia was very easy, nice being able to get around during the visit.

I had forgotten about this trip, thanks for the reminder @ReefHound

My avatar is from Flamingo CR....good diving, great country and good food!

I had some exciting dives in Speyside, Tobago. The town was a bit short on options and/or excitement.

If I return, I'll probably spend some time in Castara or Scarborough at the end of the trip.

Sorry, absolutely nothing like Cozumel. I do agree, both very good destinations. These are not appropriate destinations for everyone who goes to Cozumel
Revillagigedos on the Nautilus Explorer, May 24-June 1, 2019
Cabo San Lucas: See Creatures, Tesoro Hotel, May 21-24, 2019
Cocos, March 27-April 5, 2017

Your profile gives no clue to your experience or previous travels, in fact, totally inaccurate, cute. Your posting style does remind me of someone else, but I'm unable to place it, at this time.
I don't like to brag or disclose my information and you can't verify any of that info anyway. So, if I'll say I have 20000 dives my opinion will be more credible?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom