Peeing Etiquette

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I can tell you that I’ve had people “relieve” themselves on my boat in the past. I’ve had wetsuit divers pee in their suits before they get in the water and let in run down their leg and out onto the deck, and I had a drysuit guy decide to pee through the cath and let it go out on the deck. They figured it would go into the bilge and get pumped out anyway, but it was still gross and rude IMO.
Underwater I’m not sure. I guess just make sure you’re down current and let er rip.

Lord, that is just rude, gross and inappropriate.

119921891_3434911276567803_7945690194109027317_o.jpg

Well, I can tell you that I’ve had people “relieve” themselves on my boat in the past. I’ve had wetsuit divers pee in their suits before they get in the water and let in run down their leg and out onto the deck, and I had a drysuit guy decide to pee through the cath and let it go out on the deck. They figured it would go into the bilge and get pumped out anyway, but it was still gross and rude IMO.
Underwater I’m not sure. I guess just make sure you’re down current and let er rip.

At least go stand on the ladder at the back of the boat, really on the deck WTF

I wear neoprene shorts, and a separate vest, and it is amazing when I need to pee, open up and go!

I smell it immediately when my students peed in their wetsuits, or if guests come back on the boat after just peeing.

Wetsuits are made to hold water... they also hold pee! -Or at least, the scent-

Get back into the water, take your wetsuit off, and thén pee! :callme:

On my last trip to Cozumel the boat told our group the new rules to protect the reef and one of the rules was No pee in ocean. So everyone was lined up to use the head when one of the divers asked about where they dump the holding tank and we were told they had no holding tank. lol

I wear neoprene shorts, and a separate vest, and it is amazing when I need to pee, open up and go!

I smell it immediately when my students peed in their wetsuits, or if guests come back on the boat after just peeing.

Wetsuits are made to hold water... they also hold pee! -Or at least, the scent-

Get back into the water, take your wetsuit off, and thén pee! :callme:
That works in Bonaire.....Here I just put some baby shampoo on the 7 mill farmer john wetsuit when rinsing off. Can be too cold to jump back in without the suit.

On my last trip to Cozumel the boat told our group the new rules to protect the reef and one of the rules was No pee in ocean. So everyone was lined up to use the head when one of the divers asked about where they dump the holding tank and we were told they had no holding tank. lol

What?? :idk:

That works in Bonaire.....Here I just put some baby shampoo on the 7 mill farmer john wetsuit when rinsing off. Can be too cold to jump back in without the suit.
Very different indeed ;-)

I was with my grandson a couple weekends ago doing his checkout dives for his open water cert. We were floating at the surface after having done the share air/controlled ascent and he said he had to pee, so I told him to just go ahead. First he thought it was gross but then he got the biggest smile on his face. I remember when we were at the beach right after he got toilet trained-he said he had to pee so we told him to just go in the water. He walked to the edge of the surf and pulled his swim trunks down and let it rip. :wink:Not precisely what we meant, but hadn't we just finished teaching him to do that?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom