When you going Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gee that makes our club membership look cheap, $100 a year and as many 32% fills as we want

What club is that, is there a chapter here? 3 local dive shops all charging about the same.
BSAC member years ago, as with all clubs , politics and ego :flush:.

What club is that, is there a chapter here? 3 local dive shops all charging about the same.
BSAC member years ago, as with all clubs , politics and ego :flush:.
Where are you located? my local dive shop charges $18 (with club membership) to rent a tank - be it 8.8/10.5 or 12.5 litre. So fills must be less than that and they have an air card option.

Where are you located? my local dive shop charges $18 (with club membership) to rent a tank - be it 8.8/10.5 or 12.5 litre. So fills must be less than that and they have an air card option.
Sandstone Point [near Bribie Island] near the pub.
2 min to the boat ramp, love it.

Sandstone Point [near Bribie Island] near the pub.
2 min to the boat ramp, love it.
OK - Brisbane, I'm in Sydney and I'm talking air fills - Nitrox in a 12.5l rented tank I think is $25. Most sites in Sydney don't benefit so that keeps prices high I think.

Here in Southern California a HP 100 fill at 240 bar is $12 but you can get 10 for $100. I am surprised that Chris couldn't get tanks and weights here in LA, we have tons of dive shops renting stuff out but Bluewater is a photo gear and travel only shop; they don't rent dive gear.
Bill
I know Bluewater is photo gear only - I've actually been there to buy stuff they said they asked around about hire tanks and came back with one of their staff lending me a tank and weights plus the guys on the boat said renting tanks wasn't common. The boat I was on included air fills and charged a small premium for Nitrox on the boat. It seems like the boats and the dive shops were separate operations. If I do it again I'll certainly ask around about getting rental stuff.

If you get here to dive, just ping me, we have lots of tanks and other gear. On the fill side, here it is almost always the same price for 12 liter up to 18l and independent of fill pressure and at $10 per fill seems pretty common for most shops in Southern Cal,
Bill

Starting to get Pissed off. Was looking forward to getting a dive in Bali before this Christmas but the fearful are in control and that ain't an option. To add to the frustration I had a hip replacement 3 months ago and it still ain't right, surgeon said it bled badly and has affected the muscles around it.
So lots of physio and some gym/pool stuff and hopefully my one trip only set up will get wet again next year!!!!

I think the problem is that the Meek have inherited the Earth...............

We heard a great talk last night by Dr. Doug Ebersole who is an interventional cardiologist and advisor to DAN and a Covid-19 survivor. Here in the U.S. the death toll is more than all soldiers who died in WWII and still going up (and the hospitalization rate is increasing). You guys in Australia have it a lot better than here in the U.S. I have heard that there are special ($800) visas that Indonesia is granting so you might be able to get to Bali, but not sure if any dive resorts are actually running.
Bill

hi bill, the problem is on the return you have to isolate for 2 weeks in special hotels in Sydney at your expense kind of kills it

Back
Top Bottom