Offboard bailout hose routing to BOV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Because it is a QD rather than a QC4, I connect before getting in the water. I don't think it would be the end of the world to plug in inwater since it is just going to an OC 2nd stage, but still, the less salt in there the better! If I were in a situation where donning in water was the norm, I would swap to a QC4 and have the split hose system others are recommending to get the connector mass off the BOV.
Please don't ever use a QC4. There is no justifiable reason. QC6 on the other hand, all about.

Wait, does a QC 4 have a 4mm opening and a QC6 have a 6mm opening? Lightbulb!

Thereabouts yes!

(probably in imperial though 4/32nds anyone?)

The Swagelok page has everything in imperial, so it never even occurred to me to think in metric. If we had only changed back in the 80's we wouldn't have this dumb problem anymore. I shouldn't have to do math to figure out if 4/32nds is bigger or smaller than 7/64ths.

The Swagelok page has everything in imperial, so it never even occurred to me to think in metric. If we had only changed back in the 80's we wouldn't have this dumb problem anymore. I shouldn't have to do math to figure out if 4/32nds is bigger or smaller than 7/64ths.
Lol
Yeah I never thought in metric before you mentioned it either!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom