Dive knife for solo diving at CocoView?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trilobite on the bungee of my perdix, and a "regular" knife on my waist strap.
Shears seems overkill to me compared to a trilobite, but some people swear by them.
And where goeth the grenades?

Shears seems overkill to me compared to a trilobite, but some people swear by them.

Same here

Same here
Of course. It is written. Stay with the plan. Never deviate. Drink heartily of the kool aid, so sayeth JJ.

Hello. Really.........?
I've only been diving six years, but permanently retired the knife after my first year. Shears and z cutter are far easier to use. So far I haven't had to fend off any scuba pirates so that hasn't been a factor.

In that first year I lost two knives and cut myself on the third. I don't miss it.

I do carry a pocketknife on land and on the boat; although I don't bring it internationally because I don't want to run afoul of a law I didn't know about.

I've only been diving six years, but permanently retired the knife after my first year. Shears and z cutter are far easier to use. So far I haven't had to fend off any scuba pirates so that hasn't been a factor.

In that first year I lost two knives and cut myself on the third. I don't miss it.

I do carry a pocketknife on land and on the boat; although I don't bring it internationally because I don't want to run afoul of a law I didn't know about.

The cutting tools are definitely in the better to have and not need than need and not have category. Especially since need and not have could cost your life.

Shears are awesome. In Iraq one of the vehicles was hit by an IED and as we tried to recover it we came under fire. Every Humvee had a tow strap tied to it and wrapped up in in 100 mile an hour tape. A bunch of guys were struggling with their knives to cut off all the tape so I shoved them out of the way and took care of it with my medic scissors (no I wasn’t a medic).

I have a titanium knife for diving that I found in Amazon for only like $45.

Back
Top Bottom