Freedom Plate Divers Roll Call: show us your rig!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well it's unfinished going through a trial run of assemblage with a completely modded Duffy 18 wing

full.jpg

with a weight pack on the back and a couple of MMO STAs

full.jpg

Couple of pounds each

full.jpg

Dudes and dudesses are there any suggestions before I apply my final pastiches

Thanks again Eric ZKY for my approaching summer of FREEEEEEDOMMMM!!!!!!!!!

are there any suggestions before I apply my final pastiches

For wing placement you'll find a slot, rather than a single hole, in the lower center easier to manage. Along the same lines, an additional hole at the top.

I modified my previous post, most respected couv to include wing size

basically here's the only place the wing can go

full.jpg

Centre of wing completely stripped leaving only bladder sack which is trimmed and bound
50mm stiff webbing attached only at top and bottom for extra expansion either side of tank

full.jpg

Tank on MMO Cradle with a fully inflated wing.
See the plate that just clears the tank boot with room for the wing

full.jpg

Shoulder of tank in the bosom of the inflated wing without can interference
but this beauty is being built as primary single hose rig. Might need another one!
Errrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiicccccccccc!!!!!!!!

full.jpg

Voila!!!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

I've shivered me timbers and prototype Mk5 is done, praise the G
with faux cam bands firmly affixed
but minus the polishing
Hello coach bolts

full.jpg

Flushability with cylindrical threaded tubulus welded to rear of MMO STA

full.jpg

The planes at the top of the plate and bottom are virtually parallel
and the “MMOs” just fell into place with a twist and turn and a tap

bulk adjustable room for more lead, less lead and tank from plate

full.jpg

a polishing I go, a polishing I go, hi-ho the derry-o a polishing I go!

But for now it's back to our regular programming

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

Ditched the single piece harness, put a dive rite transpac harness on it. The transpac fit pretty well, I only had to make on adjustment, but I’m working on a second one. The first adjustment is the 2” webbing that comes with the transpac comes with webbing over the webbing and a metal grommet in the middle. I found that fabric over the webbing coupled with the grommet made it near impossible to get through the upper part of the freedom plate, so I just used my old single piece webbing instead. The slightly non standard side webbing cutout and the design of the transpac harness means that it’s wrapping around the outside of the freedom plate, instead of being able to be fed through the cutouts.

I’d kill to have a backyard pool to work on getting the configuration better, but I’ll do some initial trimming of the webbing to get it manageable and see how it goes.

Ditched the single piece harness, put a dive rite transpac harness on it. The transpac fit pretty well, I only had to make on adjustment, but I’m working on a second one. The first adjustment is the 2” webbing that comes with the transpac comes with webbing over the webbing and a metal grommet in the middle. I found that fabric over the webbing coupled with the grommet made it near impossible to get through the upper part of the freedom plate, so I just used my old single piece webbing instead. The slightly non standard side webbing cutout and the design of the transpac harness means that it’s wrapping around the outside of the freedom plate, instead of being able to be fed through the cutouts.
Funny you should mention that! I just pulled my single piece harness off my beloved Freedom Plate #409, and will be getting around to adding the adjustable Dive Rite harness I stole from my doubles plate. I'm just tired of the effort needed to adjust when I switch from drysuit to tropics thinsuit diving. Because I take my Freedom Plate everywhere!
Pics later...

I’m no understanding, you guys only have one Freedom plate???
I can't find the right snarky meme. :(
But then a Mod would delete my post anyway 'cause this ain't the Pub. :nyah:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom