Any good prime day deals?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just bought a console with a Cressi Leonardo computer, an SPG and a compass for 110 eur: https://www.amazon.it/Cressi-Leonardo-Professional-Console-Subacquea/dp/B017LS1R8W

Oh wow that's a good deal even for a console with just an SPG + Compass - getting the computer with it is an added bonus. That same console + computer on the US amazon site is over $300 USD (over 250 euro)

I don't see any console deals like that for the US prime day deals. I did see that you can search on amazon's site this year and click on a filter to have it show you prime deals - I don't remember that in past years.

Oh wow that's a good deal even for a console with just an SPG + Compass - getting the computer with it is an added bonus. That same console + computer on the US amazon site is over $300 USD (over 250 euro)
In fact the regular price here was 276 eur, as you see on the linked Amazon page.
It was a good deal, 60% discount !!!
I have already bought two Leonardo computers for my sons (paid 99 eur each on a previous Amazon Prime Day), so I got one for myself. Time to get rid of those old US Navy tables...
It is not the best computer around, but it is easy to use (you do not have to press anything, and you always see all you need on the large display). And I like to keep it in a console, I want my arms free of any entanglement.

Except for the console?
The console is usually packed inside the belt pocket of my BP+Wing, from which I extract it easily and place it back when I am not watching it, for better protection. I am not watching it every often, perhaps just every 5 minutes...

In the 90's I used to clip it to my left chest D-ring and just look down at it as needed. Now with gauges on wrist in front of me I only move my eyes to glance at at them (except for the IP gauge clipped @ left D-ring...which I rarely use).

In fact the regular price here was 276 eur, as you see on the linked Amazon page.
It was a good deal, 60% discount !!!
I have already bought two Leonardo computers for my sons (paid 99 eur each on a previous Amazon Prime Day), so I got one for myself. Time to get rid of those old US Navy tables...
It is not the best computer around, but it is easy to use (you do not have to press anything, and you always see all you need on the large display). And I like to keep it in a console, I want my arms free of any entanglement.
Its very conservative though...and that may be a good thing? Or not.

The problem is with the wrist "in front of me". The wrist is too close to my old eyes for allowing me to focus at short distance...
With a console, I can keep it at, say, 80cm from my eyes, where I focus well.
Furthermore, keeping the wrist in front of the mask makes me much less streamlined, I usually keep my arms along the body for minimum resistance. When needed I extract the console, I look down, and I watch for depth and air pressure.
This problem with short distance focusing is becoming worst and worst, perhaps at a certain point I will need some optical solution for it (like lenses inside the mask). Or it will mean that I am simply too old for scuba diving...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom