H.P Steel tanks in Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Difficult to get anywhere close to a full fill (with those HP cylinders) here in Upstate NY let alone a cave fill. You guys are lucky.

Difficult to get anywhere close to a full fill (with those HP cylinders) here in Upstate NY let alone a cave fill. You guys are lucky.
Hey @Compressor How are you?
My L.P. 121 bottles get accidentally overcooked.:confused:
My H.P. 120's never go much above the rated 3442. (Seriously.)
Cheers.

upload_2020-10-13_20-15-55.png

Chart in my notes says a Worthington LP121 weigh 49.9 lbs. PSTs were usually a pound or two less typically at least for other sizes and there is quite a bit of variation from one cylinder to the next.

Faber FX-149 weight varies depending who you ask, this one is 46.9 lbs but I got 45.0 when searching on my work computer. Maybe LeisurePro includes the valve, who knows:

upload_2020-10-13_20-19-8.png

Still not sure how you end up with LP120s being lighter than HP149s

I have to twist arms to get my LP72s filled to 2475 PSI and always get the stink eye when I bring in a bunch of HP cylinders because then they have to run the compressor.

I live in Florida, and have access to cave fills. Yet I still own HP steel tanks, in fact I presently own six HP100s. While I have access to cave fills when I am up in cave country, cave fills are hard to get outside of cave country, like around my home, South Florida, and the Keys.

I also own four LP85s that are my cave tanks, and typically are filled as high as the filling station can get me.

I don’t know if it was a real question or purely rhetorical but for me it’s about size. I can get as much or more gas (with cave fills in my HP’s) in a smaller package.

Another interesting thread might be to ask what people with "Multiple Tank Syndrome" do for VIPs. Imagining VIPing 30 tanks/year.

We've had a thread like this before but things might have changed.

Back
Top Bottom