fin weight options- advice please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lermontov

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have a pair of Holliss F1 which i really like and i like the stiffness but theyre slightly heavy and my feet drop when im stationery - ive tried cressi frogs that are pretty good as far as weighting ( maybe a tad light) but are a little soft in the tip -
id really like a fin that has the stiffness of the F1 but the weight closer to that of the frog ideally about 2.6kg or thereabouts

any suggestions ?

F1 dry weight is 3.2 kg
frogs are 2.4kg

not sure if theres any buoyancy differences in the plastics

Deep 6 Eddy fins are similar in performance to the F1 but about neutrally buoyant in the water (which matters more than what they weigh really). They might work well for you.

Have you considered the F1 LT?

From the Hollis website:

F1 - 3.85lb/1.75kg
F1LT - 3.46lbs/1.57kg

Not a huge different, but at least a little at roughly .35kg for the pair.

Best fin options could be the Deep6 Eddys or the OMS slipstreams......neutral with lots of push and sidewall for control.

+1 for the Deep6 Eddys. After moving on from CC single tank, I needed to lighten up my feet from the F1s a bit and these did the trick.I have one pair for drysuit/ rockboots and another pair for wet booties.

FYI, Eddys are slightly positive buoyant in saltwater. atleast orange ones are.

Dry weight is meaningless.

My fins buoyancy (in fresh water):

Hollis F1, size XL: -2#
Hollis F1 LT, size Regular: -1#
Deep6 Eddy, size L: neutral

@lermontov - it sounds like you might really like the Hollis F1 LT fins. I like mine, a lot. But, I only use them when diving in a wetsuit, with back mount doubles. For drysuit, I want fins that are more negative (to keep my feet from floating) and the regular F1s are great for that. For wetsuit diving in anything except back mount doubles, the Eddy fins, being neutral, work great (for me).

Dry weight is meaningless.

My fins buoyancy (in fresh water):

Hollis F1, size XL: -2#
Hollis F1 LT, size Regular: -1#
Deep6 Eddy, size L: neutral

@lermontov - it sounds like you might really like the Hollis F1 LT fins. I like mine, a lot. But, I only use them when diving in a wetsuit, with back mount doubles. For drysuit, I want fins that are more negative (to keep my feet from floating) and the regular F1s are great for that. For wetsuit diving in anything except back mount doubles, the Eddy fins, being neutral, work great (for me).
yes im thinking down that track also recommended are the RK3 apeks that are think are similar

Back
Top Bottom