What is the difference between trilaminate drysuits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DUI's warranty is 3 years on the material of the "standard" suits, 7 on the "premium". Only 1 year on zipper, the exhaust valves, the inlet valve and crotch strap. 90 days on seals. I know people who have been happily diving the same DUI suit regularly for more than a decade, but I would be super pissed if my $2K+ suit's zipper had a problem in year 2.

Bare no longer lists a lifetime warranty on their drysuits. Seams get the longest at 7, zippers are at 2, seals at 1.

interesting. had not heard this. and i work for a bare dealer. do we know if this applies to bare world wide ? or is it different depending on the country ?

The advantage of trilam suits is that the suit buoyancy does not change with depth -- unlike neoprene.

There are several flavors of neoprene. DUI's "Crushed Neoprene", for example, does not change buoyancy much (if at all) with depth.

Plus lightweight for travel and they dry pretty much instantly

+1! My DUI CF200SP (crushed neoprene, with neoprene zipper guard, thigh pocket, and fold-under neck- and wrist seals) takes forever to dry. And if I travel before it dries, my minivan loses about 10 mpg! Okay, not really, but that sucker, already heavy when dry, is sooooooo heavy when wet!

The good thing, though, is that it (my particular drysuit) requires less lead and thinner undergarments (so, requires even less-less lead).

rx7diver

Back
Top Bottom