Wanted Tank Boot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought the hex rimmed boots and ground off the hex part with an angle grinder. Actually I only ground it off of half of the boot. That way it doesn't interfere on the boat yet it can still prevent the tank from rolling free on the ground or laying on the deck. You could easily grind them all off if you wanted. Or sand, or cut with a sawzall/jigsaw/bandsaw/whatever cutting or grinding or sanding device you have. You could probably use a razor/knife in a pinch. Working on plastic is pretty easy.

Pretty sure I paid close to $10/boot for 8"ers at an LDS. It's been a few years, going rate seems to be ~$15-$20 USD

Looking for Round bottom (steel tank) boots. Scuba Diving Tank Boot 8.00 in - 204 mm Heavy Plastic Black USA . I have some new Faber 133s with the soft vinyl boots. The Faber boots work ok but tend to trap water. I have been swapping them out for the old style hard plastic boots but I have run out. Anyone have some old boots that they might want to sell? View attachment 617543 View attachment 617544 View attachment 617545
I have a round tank boot for steel 72s.

Obviously you didn't read the thread... OP already found what he was looking for and bought it.

Thanks to everyone who replied. I have one being shipped from a dive shop in Canada. Apparently this style boot has not been manufactured in a long time. So old stock or used is probably all I will be able to find at this point.

Back
Top Bottom