Area between Jupiter and Boynton Beach, a potential manta ray nursery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My annual fish calendar has the Manta Migration coming thru on the 19th-30th of every October like clock work.
Today (17th) several Blue Heron Bridge divers reported big Manta's AT THE BRIDGE with OW checkout divers.
The yet-to-be carded divers asked afterwards......... " Are they here every day?? " :rofl3:
@scubadada @JimBlay

Wow! Going there today...maybe they will return.

Awesome!! I almost went to the Bridge this morning. Kicking myself now that I decided not to go. :(
I dived the bridge a few weeks ago and my buddy asked if I saw the huge stingray that swam over us.. Nope. Head in rubble looking for little things.. totally missed what turned out to be the manta..

I've seen only 3 manta rays ever in my life. All three we at the same dive spot- off the beach in Hollywood.. the first one in 2015, the last time earlier this summer.

I dived the bridge a few weeks ago and my buddy asked if I saw the huge stingray that swam over us.. Nope. Head in rubble looking for little things.. totally missed what turned out to be the manta..

I've seen only 3 manta rays ever in my life. All three we at the same dive spot- off the beach in Hollywood.. the first one in 2015, the last time earlier this summer.
Where in Hollywood? I only know Dania Erojacks there.

Yellow Brick Road, of course! My favoritest dive site of them all!

Lemme know when you're in town. Would love to give you a tour! :)

Around September those sites are known for Goliath Grouper (GG) Spawning sites. May be the mantas feed on those GG eggs as spotted by Jonathan Bird in the picture & video below.

A85F7441-D909-447C-B171-D1BCB9DE0447.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom