Why I love Atomic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The only reason I don't have an atomic reg is I like diaphragm over piston, no logical reason I just do.

The Zeagle F8 uses seat saver on the second stage and has a great diaphragm first stage.

Give it time :)
Nah. By that time I've switched to a BEV and am driving on renewable hydropower. Alternatively, I'm six feet under and don't have anything at all to worry about.

Huge atomic fan. In my family's dive kit we have a ST1, B2, 4x M1's, and 2x SS1. Love them all.

The ST1 is especially nice. I'm not sure why, but the Yoke mechanism feels especially plush when handling.... regardless of how many dives between service intervals.

They make great masks too. Just wish they would put out a white skirted Venom AR.

Their BC's though are another story. They completely jumped the shark with those products. Unnecessarily overbuilt, overpriced, heavilly logo'd, and just too too much.

There frameless is the only mask I found that fits me.

Very good quality regs. Same as any high quality regs but super overpriced and also expensive in service. Rinsing procedure is super annoying. Sold all of them. Did not see any diference in performance in comparison to scubapro or zeagle or apeks.

This side of the pond, I hardly ever see Atomic regs. It's all Scubapro or Apeks. Unless I'm diving with a buddy whose gear is a lot older than my OW cert.

Anyone have a hypothesis as to why?

I dive Atomic and I am German. I think it is more or less because they are quite more expensive than other options here. And people here always like to tell themselves what they dive would be "the safest", so they advertise diaphragm regs. Of course with little empirical back up, but that is people. German underpants tie themselves in a knot when someone mentions mixing brands. So that is that!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom