Jupiter Dive Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was on Starfish once coming back in the Boynton Inlet and the engine died. :eek: Talk about a pucker factor event. It took some work but Adam and Maggie got the engine started and we obviously got back safely. The Boynton Inlet is my LEAST favorite to use. However, the dive sites are worth the effort!
That happened once to me on the Explorer. Even under normal circumstances, being caught in the inlet, with an ingoing tide, without power, could be devastating. We anchored near the beach to the south of the inlet, Kevin fixed the problem, and we were on our way home :)

That happened once to me on the Explorer. Even under normal circumstances, being caught in the inlet, with an ingoing tide, without power, could be devastating. We anchored near the beach to the south of the inlet, Kevin fixed the problem, and we were on our way home :)

Give Kevin duct tape and chewing gum and he can get that boat running again! :rofl3:

That happens at BHB when it's rough and all trips are canceled on a weekend. If you REALLY want to dive on a weekend and the boats aren't running, better arrive early!!

The groups thinned out once we were close to the east bridge so it wasn't bad at all underwater. - just required a little extra patience around the reef balls. It's hard to complain when BHB is the fall back plan, even if it's crowded.

Thanks for the warm welcome! Not yet but I've been through some bad inlets so I know the feeling. It doesn't bother me.

Did BHB yesterday with every other diver in Palm Beach County. The wind kept all the boats at the dock so everyone was trying to get their fix at the bridge. It wasn't a bad dive once we found some space. Saw all the usual critters plus some fun ones - a scaly tailed mantis, a flying gunard (which I've seen in print but never in person), and a pipefish which I need to identify. Viz was 20-25 feet, water temp was 82, 107 minute dive.

Heard that a manta ray flew by the bridge on Saturday morning. No sign of it on Sunday.

We were also at BHB yesterday. Crazy busy. I was on the lookout for the manta ray, but no luck. Boat dives canceled today. Hoping tomorrow is a better forecast.

The groups thinned out once we were close to the east bridge so it wasn't bad at all underwater. - just required a little extra patience around the reef balls. It's hard to complain when BHB is the fall back plan, even if it's crowded.

Was there, too. Saw the mantis shrimp and a scorpion fish...and the usuals...no manta rays. We stayed to the East and escaped the crowds. 100 minute dive. Very relaxing.

Give Kevin duct tape and chewing gum and he can get that boat running again! :rofl3:
We don't rely on duct tape or zip ties or gum on our boat. We do regular routine and preventative maintenance and take care of problems at the first sign. Been a Sea Tow member for years, never had to call. Though Precision Rick and I are well acquainted.
I wonder if a dive boat owner would allow potential passengers to have a look at the engine compartment, or the wiring.

I’ve been lurking on this site for years and finally decided to post. We dive Jupiter when “The Wetter the Better” is booked. That boat, captained by Bill Walker out of Riviera Beach, is an excellent operation. We used Jupiter Dive Center the few times but decided to try Kyalami on Friday (10/30). If the weather holds we’ll be diving this week with that crew. I’m looking forward to it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom