Coz Dive Ops That Handle Gear During Covid19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Both, IMO.

I'd like to know the reasoning of the dive op since they are the ones imposing the rule. But from your perspective, expand on that and explain how it makes the diver safer and how it makes the dive op safer. If they are dipping the regs in a solution to kill viruses then there will be no covid on them when the diver gets them back. And if there is covid on them when the worker rinses, they wash their hands after rinsing regs.

I'd like to know the reasoning of the dive op since they are the ones imposing the rule. But from your perspective, expand on that and explain how it makes the diver safer and how it makes the dive op safer. If they are dipping the regs in a solution to kill viruses then there will be no covid on them when the diver gets them back. And if there is covid on them when the worker rinses, they wash their hands after rinsing regs.

Very easy. Contact your local dive op and ask them.

Very easy. Contact your local dive op and ask them.

"My" dive op doesn't have that policy and I was looking for a range of responses.

I'd like to know the reasoning of the dive op since they are the ones imposing the rule. But from your perspective, expand on that and explain how it makes the diver safer and how it makes the dive op safer.
Nope. Ain't gonna do it. :D

"My" dive op doesn't have that policy and I was looking for a range of responses.

If you are so interested then contact as many dive ops on the island as you care too since yours doesn't have this policy. That should give you the range of responses you are looking for. After all how do most divers know the reasoning behind their dive shop decision. If you agree then you dive with them if not you choose another op. Easy.

If you are so interested then contact as many dive ops on the island as you care too since yours doesn't have this policy. . That should give you the range of responses you are looking for. After all how do most divers know the reasoning their dive makes any decision.

It's an idle curiousity not a quest. I asked in case someone had already inquired and could quickly state what they were told. If not, I'll let it remain an idle curiousity. Do you have something constructive to add or are you just looking for another spat?

Is that being "especially careful" on your behalf or theirs?

Oh C'mon Reef Hound. That is just new COVID policy and best practices put in place by 3P's during these times. There have always been those who won't let any dive op touch of a single piece of their personal dive gear or take care of it. I was one of those people 10 years ago but I evolved and no longer worried about it and let the various boutique dive ops take care of it all.

For those who had that level of fear to let a quality dive op take care of that has been compounded by COVID, nothing has changed for them and they can keep hauling all their gear as they see fit and doing whatever they do to wash and rinse and hang and pack every next morning for the next day. I'm pretty sure those divers who were afraid to let a dive op take care of their gear will never be back as they are spooked to death. As such, those divers and people who post here and everywhere about their fears don't mater in my opinion. The only divers and people who matter are those who are still going to travel.

ReefHound... Do you intend to travel in the next few months or a year from now or are your just providing commentary here to others. Most of us are ready to get on with their lives (and accept the consequences).

For those those who are scared to death and afraid of getting out and about and traveling with COVID out there, they don't matter so they should should just shut up and do whatever it is they are doing and will do with their lives. The world is going to move on without those people who believe total seclusion and lock down is in their best interest... Have fun with that. Me and my wife will be traveling and visiting Coz for 2 weeks this December.

Oh C'mon Reef Hound. That is just new COVID policy and best practices put in place by 3P's during these times. ...

ReefHound... Do you intend to travel in the next few months or year or are your just providing commentary here to others who are ready to get on with their lives (and accept the consequences).

I was simply asking about the rationale behind that policy and how they are "best practices".

I was in Coz for two weeks last month.

For those those who are scared to death and afraid of getting out and about and traveling with COVID out there, they don't matter ...

Erring to the side of caution does not equal scared to death. As every diver should know, risk is not binary.

Back
Top Bottom