Night Diving in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diving within the Marine Park requires you to have a licensed guide with you. Technically that applies to shore dives as well as boat dives. If you stay within usual swimming distance of shore that's unlikely to cause problems. Don't try to swim out to the reef.

Most of the shore dive locations are outside the boundary.

That depends on what you include in "most of the shore dive locations". All of the southern resorts are within the Marine Park boundary. The northern ones aren't.
The ones that are mostly talked about in here are Blue Angel, SCC, and the Money Bar. I'm not sure about the Money Bar location but the other two are outside the park.

The ones that are mostly talked about in here are Blue Angel, SCC, and the Money Bar. I'm not sure about the Money Bar location but the other two are outside the park.

The marine park starts more-or-less at the Caleta Viejo. Money Bar and Dzul-Ha reef are well within the boundaries.

That depends on what you include in "most of the shore dive locations". All of the southern resorts are within the Marine Park boundary. The northern ones aren't.

The typical advice is there is no worthwhile shore diving at the southern resorts. The "most" is based on the sites I see mentioned here the most - Tikila, Villa Blanca, Blue Angel, HC, Scuba Club, Hotel Barracuda, up to Villa Aldora.

What are some sites often discussed here that would be within the marine park?

The typical advice is there is no worthwhile shore diving at the southern resorts. The "most" is based on the sites I see mentioned here the most - Tikila, Villa Blanca, Blue Angel, HC, Scuba Club, Hotel Barracuda, up to Villa Aldora.

What are some sites often discussed here that would be within the marine park?

I would not advocate night diving from shore anywhere on the island.

I would not advocate night diving from shore anywhere on the island.

I'm not sure what relevance that has to do with what you quoted but I think that's silly. I love doing night dives at Tikila. these days I prefer them over boat night dives as I get to hang out and take as much video I want of that octopus without worrying about falling behind the group or a bunch of others crowding around to see.

People night dive in front of Villa Aldora all of the time to see the resident octopus and such. It's even part of the check in briefing, or was the last time I was there.

I'm not sure what relevance that has to do with what you quoted

I imputed an unspoken "... for night dives" following "What are some sites often discussed here that would be within the marine park?". If that wasn't your intent, then that's a question for (and answered in) other threads.

II think that's silly. I love doing night dives at Tikila.

So this is simply an issue on which we disagree.

I imputed an unspoken "... for night dives" following "What are some sites often discussed here that would be within the marine park?". If that wasn't your intent, then that's a question for (and answered in) other threads.

So this is simply an issue on which we disagree.

Did your statement about needing a guide within the marine park also impute "...for night dives"? If not, then what was it doing in this thread.

Fine. No one was asking you to advocate night shore diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom