Sand Dollar A3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can't tell you anything about the accommodation, but should know everything you want to know about the on site dive center :D

Can't tell you anything about the accommodation, but should know everything you want to know about the on site dive center :D
It'll be my fourth time using DFB, first time using that location though. I presume I may meet you in September? Out of curiosity, when did DFB start requiring payment at the time of reservation?

Yup. I stayed in that unit in February 2017 for two weeks. Was going to stay there over the Christmas holiday this year before everything. Anything specific you want to know?

Yup. I stayed in that unit in February 2017 for two weeks. Was going to stay there over the Christmas holiday this year before everything. Anything specific you want to know?
The biggest question is if it's really as close to the water as it looks? The owners seem cool. How is Eddy's?

Yes it is that close. 1st buildings next to pier and dive shop. Eddys maybe 100 yards away. We can't wait to go back.

The biggest question is if it's really as close to the water as it looks? The owners seem cool. How is Eddy's?

Yup, super close. Would drink my morning coffee on patio while thinking about where we wanted to go diving for the day. Location can't be beat in terms of making Bari Reef your go-to house reef dive. Looks like they've updated the kitchen from when we were there in 2017.

We ate at Eddy's once. My trip notes say the food was very good but that service was super slow. However, it was only our second night there and so I would attribute at least some of that reaction to not yet being fully on Bonaire/island time.

Hi @DustyC

We have stayed at Sand Dollar 3 times, but not for a while, in 1 or 2 bdrm units in B/C. We liked Sand Dollar very much and enjoyed our visits. More recently, we have stayed next door at Den Laman.

A3 is the ground floor studio, right next to Dive Friends. The kitchen has definitely been significantly upgraded compared to the original. Some sites still show the old kitchen. You will really like the gear storage room at Dive Friends. It was already quite nice and was upgraded at the end of our visit in October 2019. The pier is fantastic for diving Bari Reef and the Dive Friends boats pick up there for morning 2 tank trips to Klein Bonaire and northern sites, not reachable from shore. In my opinion, some of these dive are not to be missed. Your cylinders and nitrox testing equipment are right at the pier, as are 4 nice rinse tanks, one just for cameras, with an adjacent table. Here is a past review that includes some photos of the Dive Friends facilities Den Laman & Dive Friends, August 11-25, 2018 and here is my most recent review Bonaire: Den Laman and Dive Friends, Sept 28-Oct 12, 2019

We ate at Eddy's once during our last visit with our son and his wife. The food was really quite good but the service was glacier speed, no problem if you are not in any hurry, we weren't. We have eaten at Breeze 'N Bites several times. The food there was also quite good, especially the fresh fish. We saw the fresh fish being delivered to the restaurant several times. You will be right next door, the sunsets are fantastic. Between 2 Buns and Doner Station, both quite close, are very good. We prepare most of our own food, so do not eat out frequently. We do much of our shopping at Zhung Kong, not far north of Sand Dollar, just past Hamlet Oasis, very convenient after a long day of diving. It was enlarged last fall and has a pretty good selection of food, beer, wine, and liquor. A bit more expensive, but so easy to visit.

We had a two week visit reserved for last April, but that disappeared. We have not rescheduled yet, but are waiting impatiently to get back to beautiful Bonaire :)

upload_2020-10-20_10-31-3.png

Between 2 buns has moved downtown and the pool is attached to Eddys. They do have a small sandy beach. We love SD

Yes; nice place. Right on the water and now Dive Friends closely.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom