Any other option for a lcd magnifier for the PT-058?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GirlonFire

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have been looking at the AOI UMG-01 LCD Magnifier but would love something without a single eye viewfinder. A full screen magnifier would be great.
My eyes are fine but I like to look at the screen and subject together when able and in certain light, this is not possible with the size of the tg-5 screen and corresponding pt-058 screen.

Anyone try to 3d print something? lol

Hard to imagine something like you'd like to have. Seems like you'd have to have the LCD view and the direct view be at the same magnification, or how would you look at it, and why would you bother? The point of the magnification is, well, the magnification of what the image will be, not of what your eye sees.
My wife uses the AOI magnifier; won't go in the water without it.

I've been curious about these viewfinders. Any idea what the working distance is? Would rather not have to jam my mask up against the thing.

I own one and never really got the hang of using it

I've been curious about these viewfinders. Any idea what the working distance is? Would rather not have to jam my mask up against the thing.
It has an adjustable focus distance, so having the mask close to it is convenient (motion, light, focus steadiness) but not essential.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom