My AN/DP/Helitrox course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

its how i teach my ow course exit ...ive done it for my dive for 30 years

Not as far as I know. It would hurt a load so I would expect to have heard about it. Mostly people use the crane, I have had kit damaged that way so the rebreather I wear. I might put the cylinders on on the boat to make it less heavy.

Really though, if you manage the ladder without the twinset/rebreather you can probably do it with it.

Dive planning...
Is this the ladder? Someone is climbing down to the boat.

DA1D852A-6CF0-4FE3-979C-0022B556EECF.png

Is this the ladder? Someone is climbing down to the boat.

View attachment 619600
Nearly, the actual ladder is at the far end of the quay, out of shot to the right. It is approximately the same height but at low tide there is still enough water for a boat to float whereas at that ladder they land on the mud.

The boat in the picture is a fishing (more likely prawn/crabs/lobster) boat. But in front of it is a dive boat with a lift on the back. The blue tarp is protecting the hoist motor from the elements.

This picture also gives you an idea about the sort of boats that get used for diving in the U.K. Typical day boats are substantial 10 to 12m work boats, not the sort of thing that you pick up at the Boat Show for personal gin and tonic drinking.

Nearly, the actual ladder is at the far end of the quay, out of shot to the right. It is approximately the same height but at low tide there is still enough water for a boat to float whereas at that ladder they land on the mud.

The boat in the picture is a fishing (more likely prawn/crabs/lobster) boat. But in front of it is a dive boat with a lift on the back. The blue tarp is protecting the hoist motor from the elements.

This picture also gives you an idea about the sort of boats that get used for diving in the U.K. Typical day boats are substantial 10 to 12m work boats, not the sort of thing that you pick up at the Boat Show for personal gin and tonic drinking.

How much ride and fall is generated by the tide in that area? I’m always curious of tidal forces, here in Cozumel we see virtually no rise and fall.

Yea tide is important in dive planning here.

The Severn Estuary (the area between England and Wales) has a maximum of 14m tidal range though,
Oh yes. I believe it is said that the tide at St Michael's Mount (Cornwall) and Mont Saint Michel (Normandy) can outrun a galloping horse.

Oh yes. I believe it is said that the tide at St Michael's Mount (Cornwall) and Mont Saint Michel (Normandy) can outrun a galloping horse.
I'm surprised none of our Canadian friends have mentioned the highest tides in the world are in the Bay of Fundy. Periodically some visiting newbie ties off at high tide and comes back to find their boat dangling in the air I don't know if there's any point in diving there, tho'.
World’s highest tides - Bay of Fundy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom