Garmin Descent MK2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why is it too bad? For the kind of dives I do, and for my resistance to cold, I really do not see an alternative...
I was kind of joking that you had to dive in cold water. I worked as a commercial diver in my early days and it has made me never want to get in cold water again and I won't. I have some very thin wetsuits that I will wear in the fridgid Hawaiian waters, but that is it.

Connect has the same info the dive app does. After the beta test both were updated.
It is based on the same back end but the data is not always the same.

For example, if I use the Garmin Dive app and set the SAC for a dive to 1.1 bar/min. When I look at it in Garmin Connect the SAC shows as 1 bar/min (which is meaningless).

The middle bundle includes two bands; the “regular“ black silicon as well as the DLC titanium ($200+ option).

The bottom bundle only includes the silicon band and extension.
My point is that the bottom "bundle" isn't listed as a bundle. It's name is identical to the first.

It was not clear what you get if you purchased "Descent Mk2i Titanium Carbon Grey DLC with Black Band"

Anyway, I suspect it was an error as it has now been updated to only include the base Mk2i.

I ordered the MK2i, today (shipped and scheduled for delivery Monday). Can confirm the Titanium band is extra. Also, at least direct from Garmin, the transmitters are not available until December. The transmitters utilize sonar technology, as opposed to RF signals on most others; so not compatible.

I have two shearwater transmitters. Grey/yellow. For me if the Garmin is not compatible with my transmitters I will never buy one.

If it is compatible I will eventually purchase the AI Mk2.

I dont see the upside of non compatibility for Garmin to not be. If you buy a garmin you will buy the garmin transmitter. If you already own other transmitters this could be a reason for you to not purchase the brand.....

I really like the idea of the GPS. in the monterey area some operations use gps to find specific dive sites such as ballbuster 100. Others may not know of specific gps locations...

Same situation here. If is compatible, I'm buying one, otherwise will pass.

I was kind of joking that you had to dive in cold water. I worked as a commercial diver in my early days and it has made me never want to get in cold water again and I won't. I have some very thin wetsuits that I will wear in the fridgid Hawaiian waters, but that is it.

ah ok... working too much in these days, I am tired and I don't get jokes :rolleyes::D

Same situation here. If is compatible, I'm buying one, otherwise will pass.
Its not going to compatable.

--The Descent™ Mk2i dive computer can be used with a paired Descent T1 transmitter to view tank pressure, estimated air time remaining, and estimated gas consumption. You can also view the tank pressure and battery status for up to four other divers in your group.

Thanks for posting that video. It sounds like it does everything any recreational diver would need and a lot more. I don't use any type of air integration now but this makes it easier than buying a diving computer that does nothing but diving. I might even consider getting one, but would probably not use a lot of the upgraded features. Who knows it might be fun to play with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom