Coz Dive Ops That Handle Gear During Covid19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So my preferred dive op for over 10 years wants you to take all your dive gear every day off the boat, which is everything except for tanks and weights which they provide. You forgot about the camera gear. At my age it's just to much weight to haul twice a day at the the distance to the other pier. I go on vacation to relax and dive. Will wait until Apr/May of 2021 to dive Cozumel again. In the meantime will do Roatan and Cayman Brac.
I just did 40 dives with Scuba Life Cozumel. They are the best I have dove with. I didn’t mess with my gear until it was time leave the island.

personally, i keep my gear with me. if i break it, its my fault.

guys, remember, we swim in fish poop. the ocean is full of bacteria. just ask any idiot who got a tattoo and went diving within the week.

I just did 40 dives with Scuba Life Cozumel. They are the best I have dove with. I didn’t mess with my gear until it was time leave the island.
I was fortunate enough to train with Juan Pablo when he was with BA. Fantastic instructor as well as an all-around great person!

How does this always happen on SB? My LDS is sending down a group in two weeks and I was curious about procedures being used by the dive shops so I could inform the shop owner. I wanted to read about people's experiences. What do I get..... "experts" opining about crap that neither they, nor anyone who reads this board, have the actual experience and knowledge to competently discuss. Thanks to those that post regularly about what's happening on Coz. I do read and appreciate you keeping us land-locked divers informed. I hope to be there next year. As to the arm-chair experts, there are plenty of conspiracy theory web sites for you to choose from to spend your day and be happy spewing about the horrors of government.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

A substantial number of posts have been deleted, as being 'Off topic'. As a reminder, the subject of this thread is:

Coz Dive Ops That Handle Gear During Covid19

Please keep the discussion focused on the topic. If you would to have a more general discussion about COVID-19, global and country-specific policies related to the pandemic, the role of personal concerns - fear, etc. - in dealing with it, feel free to start a thread in an appropriate forum. 'Non-diving-related-stuff' (Non-Diving Related Stuff) might be a good place.

I understand the off-topic issue. However, I am dismayed that someone tattled. I had preferred to believe that you just stumbled onto it.
LOL!!! No, I am not very good at stumbling, and particularly not likely to stumble onto anything in the Coz forum. :)

The topic of this thread is actually quite interesting, and relevant to Coz, as well as to travel to other areas. I hope that the OP and others will rejoin and continue that discussion, and sharing of information.

OK, I feel bad. I started the issue about "off-topic" and probably just should have kept my mouth shut. I did not mean to censor anyone or any train of thought. I sometimes go up a wall when I hear certain phrases, but that's my problem not the poster's. The moderator is just doing his job to keep the discussion on topic, but I now formally apologize for starting this ruckus. Colliam7, I am sorry I dragged you into this. No opinion offered was outrageous, evil or threatening to anyone. I can easily just skim over posts that don't inform me or are off-topic. One post that I saw that was helpful after my post seems to be missing. It was from "Charlie", I think. Anyway, whomever posted the discussion about how different dive shops might act depending on whether you have dived with them before or plan to dive with them for a week, thank you.
Anyway, I was suppose to be in Palau then Truk in 4 weeks. Not happening. Figuring out how to rebound from the decimation of our dive travel industry is much more important to all of us and we all want what's best for those countries, dive resorts, LOBs and, most importantly, the people and their families.
For me, it's back to watching my crappy dive videos and checking out good ones on YouTube. Our quarry reopens in the Spring and at least one pool is letting us teach again.

Rob

OK, I feel bad. I started the issue about "off-topic" and probably just should have kept my mouth shut. I did not mean to censor anyone or any train of thought. I sometimes go up a wall when I hear certain phrases, but that's my problem not the poster's. The moderator is just doing his job to keep the discussion on topic, but I now formally apologize for starting this ruckus. Colliam7, I am sorry I dragged you into this. No opinion offered was outrageous, evil or threatening to anyone. I can easily just skim over posts that don't inform me or are off-topic. One post that I saw that was helpful after my post seems to be missing. It was from "Charlie", I think. Anyway, whomever posted the discussion about how different dive shops might act depending on whether you have dived with them before or plan to dive with them for a week, thank you.
Anyway, I was suppose to be in Palau then Truk in 4 weeks. Not happening. Figuring out how to rebound from the decimation of our dive travel industry is much more important to all of us and we all want what's best for those countries, dive resorts, LOBs and, most importantly, the people and their families.
For me, it's back to watching my crappy dive videos and checking out good ones on YouTube. Our quarry reopens in the Spring and at least one pool is letting us teach again.

Rob
I dont see why you wouldn't jump on a plane to Coz to get your diving fix and support the industry? Its safe! Its awesome, its cheap! Go, you wont regret it!

I dont see why you wouldn't jump on a plane to Coz to get your diving fix and support the industry? Its safe! Its awesome, its cheap! Go, you wont regret it!

Trust me, we looked long and hard at a trip to Blue Angel for January 3rd. My over-protective cancer doctor asked me not to travel until next Summer...post vaccine. What a pain she can be!:wink: At least she always clears me to dive!!

Trust me, we looked long and hard at a trip to Blue Angel for January 3rd. My over-protective cancer doctor asked me not to travel until next Summer...post vaccine. What a pain she can be!:wink: At least she always clears me to dive!!
Well, this was quite the **** storm, but it's over. Thanks for your comments. If your oncologist believes that you are immunocompromised, of course you should wait for a covid vaccine. It might come out a lot sooner than next summer, and you would be a priority candidate. Vaccine options are already being mass produced in anticipation of successful phase 3 trials. For you, vacationing in winter before a covid vaccine makes as little sense as vacationing in winter without a flu shot.

Directly on-topic, I've crossed out dive-ops that will not handle the majority of my gear, even though I'll be renting a car and can ferry the stuff back and forth. It's a huge pain to clean everything daily. I hadn't thought to ask about this before reading this thread. I would have been very annoyed if I found out about it after reserving.

Back
Top Bottom