Perdix for freediving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In dive mode you would get all the relevant information but its going to be unhappy with ascent rates etc. I would use it in gauge mode, same info but no tissue loading, which you probably don't need anyway.

In dive mode you would get all the relevant information but its going to be unhappy with ascent rates etc. I would use it in gauge mode, same info but no tissue loading, which you probably don't need anyway.

I wanted to keep it in dive mode so I don't lose the tissues, but since I'm only going to freedive after scuba not before it won't matter too much. Now that I've written that Guage mode makes a lot more sense. Thanks

I wanted to keep it in dive mode so I don't lose the tissues, but since I'm only going to freedive after scuba not before it won't matter too much. Now that I've written that Guage mode makes a lot more sense. Thanks
Hmm, I'd be very cautious about freediving straight after scuba. Your inert gas tissue loading will still be elevated from the dive and fast (and possibly repeat) ascents from freediving could easily force the gas out of solution and increase your chance of DCS.

I enjoy both disciplines, but wouldn't risk combining the two.

Just my 2 pennies worth and I'd obviously defer to one of the resident medical experts if they have a different view.

Hmm, I'd be very cautious about freediving straight after scuba. Your inert gas tissue loading will still be elevated from the dive and fast (and possibly repeat) ascents from freediving could easily force the gas out of solution and increase your chance of DCS.

I enjoy both disciplines, but wouldn't risk combining the two.

Just my 2 pennies worth and I'd obviously defer to one of the resident medical experts if they have a different view.
Yes you're absolutely correct I wrote the wrong thing. I meant before, but my brain wrote after. Lol

But then you will have problems with tissue loading in the perdix. Because of the rapid ascents it might five you very low bottom. Dive on the dive after

Yes you're absolutely correct I wrote the wrong thing. I meant before, but my brain wrote after. Lol

Liquor before beer, you’re in the clear!

Hey, I have been thinking about getting a perdix for my scuba/freediving too, curious how has your freediving experience been with Perdix?

Back
Top Bottom