Torque wrench for regulator service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Meni

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I am looking to get a torque wrench that will cover all reg specs (about 5-50nm as I have noticed for SP).
not looking to spend 300$ on one if possible.

1) what drive would be best? (1/4, 3/8)
2) Is there a manufacturer that makes a wrench to include this torque range for a reasonable price?
* for example, I found TEKTON 10-50nm (aprox) and TEKTON 2-13 (aprox). I would rather have one
Wrench....

Tnx :)

I’ve always used Warren & Brown deflecting beam, old as the hills and rarely fail calibration

Sorry, that's 25-250...might not work for you.

Some of the most used tools in my garage are ones that I thought would be dust collectors:

Vernier calipers
Multi-meter
Torque wrenches

I find the 3 tools above to be indispensable.

Regarding torque wrenches: Once one has them, they typically find they reach for them often for various tasks that they would have otherwise just guesstimated how tight something should be.

I recommend purchasing a set of torque wrenches to cover a range of torque values. Torque wrenches are known to be not as accurate at the ends of their ranges as opposed to the middle of their ranges.

I have a set of beam type and clicker type torque wrenches....both work but the clicker type are much easier to use especially at higher torque values.

To go along with a torque wrench, I recommend a set of drive size adapters, allen key sockets (and perhaps torx sockets), and crows feet.

-Z

Bunch of choices on Amazon too....

I have two cheap click type, one 1/4" drive in in/lbs that I use for MK5/10 turret bolts, and a 3/8" drive I use for yoke/DIN fittings. If I had to choose one it would be the smaller one for the turret bolts as it's easy to over-torque those. I personally don't think the yoke/DIN bolt is crucial to torque accurately as long as any MK20s have the universal retainer and not the original.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom