Christmas Drop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cozcharlie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Not diving related, but Pacific island related and put a smile on my face so I am sharing.

I know this isn’t news to people in Guam and Micronesia , but there is an upcoming Netflix movie “Operation Christmas Drop”. The story is about the military doing air drops to remote islands for Christmas. Evidently a lot of the movie was filmed on Guam.

I looked it up on wiki to see if it was based on a real story (doubted Hollywood would be that creative ). Turns out US military has been doing Christmas drops out of Anderson AFB Guam since 1952. Japan and Australia have participated for years and New Zealand started last year according to one article I found.

I am sure many of you were already aware of this , but it was news to me. Links below

Now if only pandemic can lift so I can take the Palau and Guam trip I was supposed to make 6 months ago ....

[Operation Christmas Drop - Wikipedia]

[Operation Christmas Drop 2019 is Here and Santa’s C-130s are Ready to Fly > U.S. Indo-Pacific Command > 2015]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom