Long hose angle adapter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pedro1234

Registered
Reaction score
Hi.

One question still in my mind.

I am diving sidemount using two angle 90 degree adapters, on both hoses (classic set up, right long and left short).

But didn't see so much divers with this config. Of course necklaced short hose 90 degree is a standard.
But why not to use same 90 degree adapter on right long hose? I like the way hose routes around my neck with angle adapter.
What are the disadvantages of this? Ooa problems maybe?

Can you please tell me what is the story behind not using adapter on long hose?
As I know all agencies are teaching long hose without any angle adapter.

Attached photo of my set up.

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_20201025_122646vf12000.jpeg
    IMG_20201025_122646vf12000.jpeg
    37.6 KB · Views: 192
I use an angle fitting on the left hose only. It is how I confirm which hose is in my mouth quickly. If I reach up and feel the fitting when donating I immediately realize I got it wrong and unclip the stowed long hose(right) instead.

@Pedro1234 so you can tell which one is in your gob by feel.

If I have a small boltsnap attached to the angle adaptor on long hose, then I can feel it when grabbing the hose.
Of course trying to remember which one is in my mouth, but not sure will it work in stress situation.

differentiation between left and right-though I don't really subscribe to that
if you use rigid elbows, it hangs really funny when you clip it off which is rather obnoxious. If the clip is on the reg side of the elbow, the hose bends, if the clip is on the hose side then the reg swivels down and hangs straight down which is a major problem in tight restrictions.

I dive with ball swivels on both sides, and use a rather unconventional bolt snap method as well which has the bolt snaps on the regulator body itself.

differentiation between left and right-though I don't really subscribe to that
if you use rigid elbows, it hangs really funny when you clip it off which is rather obnoxious. If the clip is on the reg side of the elbow, the hose bends, if the clip is on the hose side then the reg swivels down and hangs straight down which is a major problem in tight restrictions.

I dive with ball swivels on both sides, and use a rather unconventional bolt snap method as well which has the bolt snaps on the regulator body itself.

How would you quickly differentiate which is which in a lower/zero visibility situation, @tbone1004 ?

I use a left feed second stage on the left side, right feed on the right side, both with 90-deg swivels.
Pretty easy to tell which is which.

Back
Top Bottom