DGX wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have this wing on a Freedom plate. Great wing, nice tight profile. My only issue, and it is a minor one, is the wing length. I have hp100s and hp80s. When i dive it on the HP80 tanks the wing is long enough that when in the right position the tank cant stand with the wing fully inflated, and I don't really like how it bends over when empty (pinch risk). Other than that great wing.

I have this wing on a Freedom plate. Great wing, nice tight profile. My only issue, and it is a minor one, is the wing length. I have hp100s and hp80s. When i dive it on the HP80 tanks the wing is long enough that when in the right position the tank cant stand with the wing inflated inflated, and I don't really like how it bends over when empty (pinch risk). Other than that great wing.

why would your tank need to be standing with the wing inflated?

-Z

why would your tank need to be standing with the wing inflated?

-Z
Before I don it I check it inflate, etc. I leave it partially inflated so that 1) it doesn't fold and pinch and 2) I am entering the water with air in my wing. On a boat with a HP80 in the holder this wing wants to fold up at the bottom. This wing runs the risk of getting pinched so in that scenario I put it all together leave it uninflated then don just being careful not to pinch it. when I am diving off a dock or shore, donning form a sitting position or from a picnic table it is just easier if it is standing. Just wanted to point out that if you are dealing with a short tank the wing is fairly long and you need to be aware of the risk of pinching it.

Ummm, don't think so.

-Z
I thought Dive Rite made it for them...but if you know better then tell us who makes it.

I thought Dive Rite made it for them...but if you know better then tell us who makes it.

Have no clue who makes it for DGX, and never insinuated that I did...but the wing in question bears no resemblance to any product in Dive Rite's product line.

DGX Wing in question:
dx-202030_1.jpg

Dive Rite Single Tank wings:
(Travel wing)
dr-bc5100_1a.jpg

(Voyager Wing)
dr-bc5200_1a.jpg

Dive Rite Doube Tank Wings:
(Rec wing)
dr-bc4300_2a.jpg

(Classic XT wing)
dr-bc5400_2a.jpg

(Classic Retro wing)
dr-bc2030-e12-blk_1_2.jpg

(CCR wing)
dr-bc5500_2a.jpg

(Nomad wing)
dr-bc5600_1_1_1.jpg

-Z

Have no clue who makes it for DGX, and never insinuated that I did...but the wing in question bears no resemblance to any product in Dive Rite's product line.

-Z
Fair enough, doesn’t mean it can’t be made by Dive Rite. The DGX Deep6 regs are not in Deep6’s product line, yet they are made by Deep6 for DGX.

Fair enough, doesn’t mean it can’t be made by Dive Rite. The DGX Deep6 regs are not in Deep6’s product line, yet they are made by Deep6 for DGX.

That assumes that Dive Rite makes their nylon products themselves. You point out that Deep 6 makes the DGX regs, except they don't, IST makes the regs for Deep 6, HOG, and others including Dive Rite. It is very likely that Dive Rite, and DGX contract their nylon production to the same sewing house, as I can't imagine there are that many shops in the US with the experience needed to make this type of product.

You didn't state that the wing was "made" by Dive Rite. You stated that:
It’s a rebranded Dive Rite.

This implies that Dive Rite has an identical or similar product on the market and it is being sold under the DGX label as well as the Dive Rite label.

I pointed out that this is simply not the case as Dive Rite does not produce a wing similar to the one that DGX currently is marketing, which is the one being discussed.

There was a time when DGX had a nearly identical wing to Dive Rite's Travel wing but that is not at all what the discussion is about:

41ndeS6PHtL.jpg
dive-rite-travel-exp-wing.jpg

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom