Mounting Dive Rite Butt Plate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove with the SS quicklinks from Amazon. I dove the 5mm ones (1.93") yesterday. I didn't really feel them at all during the dive, but I did a little after. Just slightly pushing into my back. I'll try the 6mm (2.28") my next time out and see if they give a little bit more room.

As close as it was, I think the 6mm will work great and give just enough room. And no rust, they still look brand new (only 2 dives, but I think they'll be fine).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07P9FSYTP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have these and quick-links, for various purposes. My impression is the quick-links are more robust, even for comparable sizes.

Yes but they fit far more stuff at a manageable gauge with plenty enough robustness
for some butt plate pulling and arse sack hanging but not tractor pulling for very long

full.jpg

Like my thick plate here with my dead mans hauling device but for washing

full.jpg

MMO Stuff!

I am trying to install a Dive Rite Tech Butt Plate onto a Hollis SS BP and the holes don't quite line up. The Hollis BP holes are a little too close together. Should I drill the holes in the BP a little larger or should I use the 2" Pear Shaped SS Quick links mentioned above?
Some other idea?

I don't know what your backplate or butt-plate looks like, however, a quick, inexpensive, flexible, and durable way to do it is just use paracord. Mine is attached to a triglide on the crotch-strap, because I wanted it a little farther down (and adjustable) than it naturally sat on my sidemount BCD, but you can use the holes on your backplate.

Quick-links are fine too, just make sure they're Stainless Steel and not just "rust resistant"

20221209_175822.jpg

20221209_175833.jpg

So don't use the 2 SS screws it came with? They don't line up very well anyway. I guess the hole spacing on BP is not universal.

I am trying to install a Dive Rite Tech Butt Plate onto a Hollis SS BP and the holes don't quite line up.
I have the same butt plate and back plate. I use the SS quick links and it has worked fine for the past two years.

I have the same butt plate and back plate. I use the SS quick links and it has worked fine for the past two years.
OK. That's what I will do also. Is the 2" Pear shaped Quick links Happy Diver mentioned above from GDX the ones to get?

Back
Top Bottom