La Paz Mx Dive shop recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zboy74

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
The girlfriend and I are heading down in a few weeks. When I went in June the dive shops were all closed. I think they are opening up. I am wondering what you paid for dives there and what dive shops. The shops I called wanted 160-170 USD for a two-tank dive. I have been all over the world and I do not think I have paid more than $100 for a two-tank dive. So anyone have any suggestions where I can get closer to that. I prefer diving of Panga's with not a ton of folks. Any help is appreciated. Thank You in advance.

La Paz is gonna be more expensive, straight up. Be wary of any shop that offers $120 two tank dives. Expect to pay around $150 for a two tank dive. Anything cheaper than that and you are probaly on a cattle boat. And remember to ask about tax. Many ops I've dove with in Baja will quote you what sounds like a really good deal, but don't add the 16% tax until you pay.

Three of us will be there on Nov. 11 if you guys are around then. I have dove with both of these ops and they are solid.

- Sea Lions Dive center is a small op, but solid with friendly/helpful staff. I think they give discounts for paying in cash.

Inicio | Sealions Dive Center La Paz

- Buceo Carey is more expensive, but has free Nitrox and a chance of getting on one of their bigger fast boats (not guaranteed).

Buceo Carey - Dive Center in La Paz

We did not dive with these but heard they were all decent:

Cortez Expeditions

La Paz – Plongée Mexique

Buceo en La Paz, Baja California Sur, México - Dive In La Paz

I dove with Dive in La Paz. Good shop, the owner is a french women and good staff.

the dives are 30-45min away by fast boat.

La Paz is gonna be more expensive, straight up. Be wary of any shop that offers $120 two tank dives. Expect to pay around $150 for a two tank dive. Anything cheaper than that and you are probaly on a cattle boat. And remember to ask about tax. Many ops I've dove with in Baja will quote you what sounds like a really good deal, but don't add the 16% tax until you pay.

Three of us will be there on Nov. 11 if you guys are around then. I have dove with both of these ops and they are solid.

- Sea Lions Dive center is a small op, but solid with friendly/helpful staff. I think they give discounts for paying in cash.

Inicio | Sealions Dive Center La Paz

- Buceo Carey is more expensive, but has free Nitrox and a chance of getting on one of their bigger fast boats (not guaranteed).

Buceo Carey - Dive Center in La Paz

We did not dive with these but heard they were all decent:

Cortez Expeditions

La Paz – Plongée Mexique

Buceo en La Paz, Baja California Sur, México - Dive In La Paz
Hello, it looks like you know La Paz verry well, so I have a question please... we go next year in April for the first time.

Are there only 2 tank dives possible in La Paz? Because we need to go to the toillet after every dive. (getting a bit older ;-) )

Thanks for the information.

Hello, it looks like you know La Paz verry well, so I have a question please... we go next year in April for the first time.

Are there only 2 tank dives possible in La Paz? Because we need to go to the toillet after every dive. (getting a bit older ;-) )

The dive sites from La Laz are all fairly far from the dock, so its not feasible to return between tanks.

I dont know if one tank trips are offered. Maybe a boat may have a toilet on it, although Im sure its not the best facility .

We dove with Cortez Club in July 2019. Good op with 6 pack boats. The website currently lists the 2-tank dives at $165 + 16% tax.

I went with Sea Lions Dive center last month for a 2-tank trip and the boat had a toilet.

Back
Top Bottom