created an underwater beer cellar, though I'd share it

What do you think about this crazy project?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wouldn't the wooden crate soak and become neutral or negatively boyant in six months?
Yes, and The crate was already negative after 1 week.. We have secured it with rope and carabinas now... Actually after 1 week it was already covered in sediment

Reminds me of a news story from years ago where full bottles of valuable wine were found in the hold of an old shipwreck apparently preserved under ideal conditions in the deep. But the tasting notes made it quite clear that seafloor muck had seeped in. Something like "strong hints of salt and sulfur..."

Reminds me of a news story from years ago where full bottles of valuable wine were found in the hold of an old shipwreck apparently preserved under ideal conditions in the deep. But the tasting notes made it quite clear that seafloor muck had seeped in. Something like "strong hints of salt and sulfur..."
Hmmm... Well that got me quite excited until I read the end haha. Let's hope that we can retrieve them before the muck get in

To heck with a Trimix analyzer...those bell bottoms with the Evel Knievel flare are my next big purchase.

ok, I'm intrigued. My question is why? Is there a certain outcome you are hoping for or is it just for the hell of it?

ok, I'm intrigued. My question is why? Is there a certain outcome you are hoping for or is it just for the hell of it?
Well mhattenhauer.... Haha because we can and for the hell of it sounded like the perfect reason to do it..... Why did we hike for 12km with 25kg of glacial ice to make the beer rather than using tap or steam water??? Because we could and it was an cool adventure ... And we might be a little crazy.. So it's a series of videos from North and beyond on YouTube that we hope to expand. And we are going to include more diving and water in future episodes. We are praying for an ice dive ( well i am at least haha)

Well mhattenhauer.... Haha because we can and for the hell of it sounded like the perfect reason to do it..... Why did we hike for 12km with 25kg of glacial ice to make the beer rather than using tap or steam water??? Because we could and it was an cool adventure ... And we might be a little crazy.. So it's a series of videos from North and beyond on YouTube that we hope to expand. And we are going to include more diving and water in future episodes. We are praying for an ice dive ( well i am at least haha)

Authentic. Big like.

We did think of that.... Aaaaaand in six month time I'll be able to give a definite answer.... This was the shallowest interesting dive around here. We really hope that the pressure will hold in the beers. What do you think? Do you have experience with something similar?
No personal experience, sorry. I remember reading an article about someone doing this with wine a few years ago. Not sure how it turned out. There was also a guy (or group of people?) strapping paintings or photos to a sunken boat before selling them.

I've brewed my own beer, but never stored it in the ocean. If there's enough pressure in the bottles then salt water intrusion shouldn't be an issue.

Do the bottles have metal caps?

You know, if the pressure IS too much then maybe you can take a page from the Guinness cans. Include a plastic widget that contains compressed CO2. Then as the outside pressure increases, it could release additional co2. Not sure what would happen when you brought it back to the surface though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom