Should we put fork in DSS?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Curious--How would I remove the outer shell to perform this repair?

Perhaps one can remove the inflator hose or the OPV and maneuver the area that needs repair to the opening so that they can affect a repair.

Because I expect more out a vendor than to take a powder after I make a purchase. DSS had promised quick wing repairs. This was a sellling point. Now I have been told that if my wing gets a hole in it, i might as well throw it out.

Tobin has gone from poor customer relations, to no customer relations.

Companies go out of business for all sorts of reasons, its just bad luck that you chose to purchase a product from one of the many companies that no longer exists.

Given a combination of factors such as Tobin's age, attitude, and the margins/competition in the diving industry, it is not surprising that DSS has closed shop. While many of us understand your frustration, you will be hard pressed to find much sympathy.

If repairing your wing's bladder is not possible or desirable then be sure to research a replacement to ensure it is repairable. I would suggest that Dive Rite has a good reputation for their wings and it is possible to obtain replacement bladders for them.

Good luck with this.

-Z

While many of us understand your frustration, you will be hard pressed to find much sympathy.

I'm not looking for sympathy. I am however entitled to my opinions regarding Tobin and DSS, whether they are shared by others or not.

I'm not looking for sympathy. I am however entitled to my opinions regarding Tobin and DSS, whether they are shared by others or not.

blahblahblah entitled to my opinions blahblahblah....

Of course you are entitled to your opinion!!! That and $3.50 might get you a cup of coffee. You are barking at the wind with regard to your opinion about Tobin and DSS...yer preachin' to the choir.

I tried to be nice, helpful, and thoughtful in my last post, but man you just want to be entitled and let everyone know that you are sour about your gear situation....But what is anyone to do for you? At the end of the day nobody here owes you anything.

Instead of being a royal snot, and acting like an entitled SOB, you could have just said "thanks for the tip" and then either tried to follow said tip or ignored it. But instead you just have to THRUST in our face how ENTITLED you are to your "opinion".

Well good for you, for having an opinion....folks chiming in with opinions on DSS and its owner are fairly late to the freaking party.

Good luck my dude. Happy bubbles to you, whether they are coming out of your 2nd stage exhaust or that hole in your wing!

-Z

full.jpg

full.jpg

Reactions: Zef
blahblahblah entitled to my opinions blahblahblah....

Of course your entitled to your opinion!!! That and $3.50 might get you a cup of coffee. You are barking at the wind with regard to your opinion about Tobin and DSS...your preachin' to the choir.

I tried to be nice, helpful, and thoughtful in my last post, but man you just want to be entitled and let everyone know that you are sour about your gear situation....But what is anyone to do for you? At the end of the day nobody here owes you anything.

Instead of being a royal snot, and acting like an entitled SOB, you could have just said "thanks for the tip" and then either tried to follow said tip or ignored it. But instead you just have to THRUST in our face how ENTITLED you are to your "opinion".

Well good for you, for having an opinion....folks chiming in with opinions on DSS and its owner are fairly late to the freaking party.

Good luck my dude. Happy bubbles to you, whether they are coming out of your 2nd stage exhaust or that hole in your wing!

-Z
Thanks. I was looking for a good example of the modern usage of "triggered". :)

[QUOTE="Zef, post: 9179214, member: 470524"...Instead of being a royal snot, and acting like an entitled SOB...
-Z[/QUOTE]

OOH, Zef is dishing it out with hot sauce,
settin' us down solid, like he the boss.
We ARE entitled to cry
on our DSS "good buy"
we're tryin' to find our way back from a DSS loss.

Because I expect more out a vendor than to take a powder after I make a purchase. DSS had promised quick wing repairs. This was a sellling point. Now I have been told that if my wing gets a hole in it, i might as well throw it out.

Tobin has gone from poor customer relations, to no customer relations.
Does your wing have a hole and is leaking air?

Does your wing have a hole and is leaking air?
Mine did three years ago after 10 years of light use. I swore a bit, e-mailed Tobin, got no response, swore some more, shrugged my shoulders and bought a VDH wing. Later I decided I didn't like my Pro fit harness so I sold it for about the cost of my new basic harness from Piranha.

Still diving the original plate and cam bands.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom