Hurricane Zeta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks to all of you for the information. I am glad that the news is property damage rather than deaths. I get, however, that these storms on top of the tourism losses are really hitting the island hard.

Chuck, if only... I do not have property on Coz.

I thought you had a place in Las Ventanas, someone on here does LOL - the building you see is the new condo unit they built, Las Ventanas is down a block on the right.

There have been so many storms this year they exhausted the English alphabet and moved in the "back up" Greek alphabet.

yikes

did they just start ignoring the alphabet when naming these storms?

In the Greek alphabet Zeta comes after Epsilon which comes after Delta. Different alphabet than the English alphabet.

As far as Hurricane Delta went, I was up and down the Riviera Maya coast from Cancun to Tulum and even to Isla Mujeres the week after it hit. The only damage I saw were a few trees down in the hotel zone in Cancun and billboards stripped of their crap on the main highway.

In the Greek alphabet Zeta comes after Epsilon which comes after Delta. Different alphabet than the English alphabet.

Reminds me of my favorite story in physics. The Alpher–Bethe–Gamow paper, or αβγ paper. Worth a read if humor in physics amuses you.

Alpher–Bethe–Gamow paper - Wikipedia

I thought you had a place in Las Ventanas, someone on here does LOL - the building you see is the new condo unit they built, Las Ventanas is down a block on the right.
The video was unclear, what happened to the 1012 condo building? Have a friend who has the one on the top floor.

The video was unclear, what happened to the 1012 condo building? Have a friend who has the one on the top floor.

Nothing to the building I know of - they were pointing out the power poles. There's small rumblings about some without power but when you look at the whole island, there's some major damage to the electric grid with poles down -CFE only has so many people, they seem to be busting ass.

Nothing to the building I know of - they were pointing out the power poles. There's small rumblings about some without power but when you look at the whole island, there's some major damage to the electric grid with poles down -CFE only has so many people, they seem to be busting ass.
Thanks, anther friends place in Corpus Christi kept power and internet (but lost TV?) until yesterday morning when that section of the grid was shut down for awhile. Suspect it was shutdown to allow for repairs.

Back
Top Bottom