Bungee Adapters for Deep6 Excursion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SpecialTest

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Finally got around to making my prototype set. Went in early to work to use the machine shop... forgot my Excursion at home to test fit.

lq8ShD3lSDLUse1H_8JPHqPwULuNPPEGIzrSjwQ8yQrVg1HCRvUG-iz5KOWgUNfFZ25lcBHM=w728-h969-no?authuser=0.jpg

My machinist was just asking me if I was making a set of brass knuckles for my cat!

Maybe the final design will be more knuckleduster-esque....

"Davy Jones' Knuckledusters"

Modified the model into a knuckleduster. Only reasonable way to make this is with a waterjet though... or some really small end mills.
upload_2020-10-30_10-17-50.png

Reactions: OTF
I get that this is more elegant but why not just use the space between the lug pin and case when the straps are off?

i wish i had a machinist.

I get that this is more elegant but why not just use the space between the lug pin and case when the straps are off?
The space between the case and the lug pin is roughly 0.130" at most (nearest the lug holes) and under 0.090" in the middle. I want to use thicker (stronger) bungee than can fit through that. Also, doing it that way could potentially bend a break the pin. With an adapter, it makes it a (almost) purely shear force, which should be significantly more robust.

Went home during lunch to grab some bungee and the computer...
IL-CtBfk8STdBrCMNKJb8e6Ah0YMFarPgFG-evChSmJ2mo0lN0UqGM2N4fCczBTLo3kk1Jc=w1293-h969-no?authuser=0.jpg

I don't really like how the adapters went vertical, but it's a result of me running the bungee round and round, opposed to three independent strands. I did it that way so the computer is still retained in the event of a lug/pin break.

Hf-5OEbyJzJ84sJIc3qUZqF-wTBUmmbXgkXLq4hS4Ul6S4uDOrsVUQ0oKEad_o_FZs58aRwg=w728-h969-no?authuser=0.jpg

i wish i had a machinist.
I planned on making them myself, but my machinist stumbled across the file, thought it was a fun little project, and whipped them out on the CNC. I was going to make them on the mill.

I planned on making them myself, but my machinist stumbled across the file, thought it was a fun little project, and whipped them out on the CNC. I was going to make them on the mill.

still wishing i had any of that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom