How good woorks AirCore in Fusion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thx Marie
Sound nice,
Getting in is a bit difficult but you get used to. And having real boots was an remarkable improvement.
The big amount of material around the hips is also not to nice but i can see that you can choose today of 5 sizes...
Mike

And the AirCore is MUCH quieter! No more trash bag suit sounds! :D

Yes, the sound of the garbage bag is realy special.
I live here in Switzerland and in summer its realy hot but cold below 30m -> xx. I go in the meantime less often lake diving because of that. And no, wetsuits etc are no alternative in 4C water. We do a lot of river in that time.
So i go dry mostely from autum to spring. So not too much heat from direct sun, but rb plus stsge etc sum's easily up to get 'a bit warm'.
Naturally I'm used to and have different layers of underware, adapted to the circumstances. (Coldest was diving Beringsee, Petropawlosk, with lower than -3C water.)
I just try to judge how much of the dump is not condensating.
I feel there is an self enforcing sweating factor after you closed the zipper, and a bit less humidity might feel much better.
And all that water in your underware is not very warm on deco.
Mike

I live here in Switzerland and in summer its realy hot but cold below 30m -> xx. I go in the meantime less often lake diving because of that. And no, wetsuits etc are no alternative in 4C water. We do a lot of river in that time.
So i go dry mostely from autum to spring. So not too much heat from direct sun, but rb plus stsge etc sum's easily up to get 'a bit warm'.
Naturally I'm used to and have different layers of underware, adapted to the circumstances. (Coldest was diving Beringsee, Petropawlosk, with lower than -3C water.)
I feel there is an self enforcing sweating factor after you closed the zipper, and a bit less humidity might feel much better.
Mike

Same thing here in the US Midwest. It might be over 90F air temp and below 50F/10C at depth.

Mike

I recommend finding a shop that will rent you an aircore suit to try. You may find the difference in material to be remarkably good or you may find that it will not be worth the money. I know that for activities that require exertion the breathable fabric works really well...I think the body heat created by the exertion causes the sweat to be more in vapor form that can then permeate the membrane...I am not sure if the same benefit would be realized in a pre/post dive situation. You would have to judge that.

If the Covid situation gets better in the next month and half, we will most likely be heading to Courchevel for Christmas. We pass not far from the Swiss border...if you like, we can meet up and you can borrow my suit for the week...and then we can meet up on our way back north. My suit is a 2xl/3xl.

-Z

THX
That is a very generous offer. Only
1. Sorry, I dont believe you will do your skiing this Christmas
(covid)
2. I know myself and as I seem to be halfway convinced
I fear that i will own one till then.
3. 2xL is too big for me I'm M or L (tbd) plus 42 in boots
Don't have my rockboots anymore gave them away after
got my fixed boots.
Mike

THX
That is a very generous offer. Only
1. Sorry, I dont believe you will do your skiing this Christmas
(covid)
2. I know myself and as I seem to be halfway convinced
I fear that i will own one till then.
3. 2xL is too big for me I'm M or L (tbd) plus 42 in boots
Don't have my rockboots anymore gave them away after
got my fixed boots.
Mike

Pas de soucis / keine Sorge.

If you are looking for encouragement to buy an aircore suit...I can say from having handled both suits (only have dived with the aircore though), that the aircore material feels more robust than the drycore but is nearly as flexible of a material. I believe the breathable nature of the material works in some sense. I have been very happy with my suit...with the exception of how long the neoprene skin takes to dry before. If I could go back in time I would most likely make the purchase again.

Although I have skied in Switzerland, my wife has not yet coloured your country in on her map. Perhaps in the future when the covid crisis is over we can meet up, have a drink, discuss diving, and compare the chocolates from our respective places.

Cheers,

-Z

I grew up in Aachen, so directly on the border. Have been quite often in Belgium. Had quite some drinks in those days ;-) . Switzerland is quite nice but a bit pricy for skiing. Yes lets hope that next year situation stabilizes, our tourist businesses sufer heavily. As everywhere.

I can't add too much to Zef and Marie's reports - they both have much more experience with them.

I will offer that the saggy-pockets with the Aircore & Tech skin can probably be helped with a little DIY: -Experimental- Pocket supports for Aqua Lung Fusion TECH AirCore version

I have been doing a very few dives with it due to covid, and since I've been focusing on a some other aspect of my gear I have not started loading my suit pockets instead of my waist-belt pockets. Diving them unloaded, but bungee-rigged has been un-eventful. I will try to make it a point to put some extra stuff in them to try on my end of season dives this Sunday.

I can't add too much to Zef and Marie's reports - they both have much more experience with them.

I will offer that the saggy-pockets with the Aircore & Tech skin can probably be helped with a little DIY: -Experimental- Pocket supports for Aqua Lung Fusion TECH AirCore version

I have been doing a very few dives with it due to covid, and since I've been focusing on a some other aspect of my gear I have not started loading my suit pockets instead of my waist-belt pockets. Diving them unloaded, but bungee-rigged has been un-eventful. I will try to make it a point to put some extra stuff in them to try on my end of season dives this Sunday.

My AirCore had support for the pockets. They didn’t sag on me.

I have to admit that I’ve got a made to measure DUI FLX Extreme on order (including a MTM undersuit). The Fusion was serviceable for two years, but the arms were too long, just enough to always have to fuss with and I only tolerated the zipper placement. I’m sick of crap that didn’t quite fit me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom