Gear marking, “diving labels”

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Someone here used to produce items to msrk your gear
I always meant to get the personalized wetsuit zipper pull.

Be sure and get the ones that have rounded corners. Most providers use the good 3M sticky stuff, but some have sharp corners on each label. They peel off by accident. You want die-cut round corners.

Yes, agreed! Rounded corners may seem a luxury, but are well worth it for the longevity of the labels.

YourZipTag™ Wetsuit Zipper Pull - YourBagTag

I'm not at all associated with them, but both my wife and I have the zipper pulls, they're great! If you want a little shorter or longer than their standard length, just email them. They made a short one for my wife's wetsuit, perfect length.

The only potential drawback is they dont have the velcro for sticking it to your suit (if your suit has). I fixed that in about 10 minutes per zipper-pull by sewing on a 1 inch piece... easy-peazy, totally worth it IMO. (I'm in tropics, often diving in or near rental centers, so it really helps keep my suit separated from the rental fleet.)

1+ on YouZipTag, or anything else from Yourbagtag.com. They also sell some pretty fun non medical cloth face masks.

However, I got some labels from someone (can’t remember what company) that weren’t as nice as the ones in this thread. Most of them came off after a 1 week dive trip of 20 some odd dives. May have to give these a try.

Erik

1+ on YouZipTag, or anything else from Yourbagtag.com. They also sell some pretty fun non medical cloth face masks.

However, I got some labels from someone (can’t remember what company) that weren’t as nice as the ones in this thread. Most of them came off after a 1 week dive trip of 20 some odd dives. May have to give these a try.

Erik

Thanks! I'm not sure that's the actual company that I recalled. It was owned by a member here on Scubaboard. Perhaps it has evolved. :)

Erik

Need to make sure the corners are rounded, as I understand it.

The amazon link ones I posted definitely have corners. Never had an issue with them coming off though. They are super sticky. Hundreds of dives on all my gear, including fins. Zero issues.

Probably more important to decide which cutout configuration is preferred versus the rounded corners.

Probably more important to decide which cutout configuration is preferred versus the rounded corners.
Having had both for many dive over many years, so long as they both are on 3M paper, the ones with a rounded corner are definitely better for longevity, especially on things that flex or rub on other stuff.

Are you really splitting hairs with longevity over size as your basis for a $.18 label?

Forum jockey on... i'm out.

Are you really splitting hairs with longevity over size as your basis for a $.18 label?

Forum jockey on... i'm out.
Maybe you haven't bought them/used them.
First of all, they are about $30 for the set.
Secondly, longevity is my primary purpose in putting a label on something. Maybe you like yours easy to get off? I don't.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom