Gear marking, “diving labels”

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Slow day with being socially distant so i'll play with the trolls.

I've both purchased and used. To avoid others thinking I may be a liar (btw, that is a personal attack) i'll post a picture of it. It has about 350 or so dives on it with various types of exposure protections to rub against it. It has held up pretty good in my opinion.

I'm pointing right at it if there is any question:

imgur.com

Chill. They are just labels. And as with all labels, rounded corners are often better. Have you put yours on a flexible surface, like a face mask or a swim fin or a wetsuit or a bootie or a BCD? The additional corner stresses caused by flexing are negligible on a rigid surface like a backplate.

Just a question to any user of those kind of labels : on what kind of material do they stick best ?

I tried a few over the years, and for me it's always the same : stick quite nicely on metal (regs, lights, tanks...) but tend to peel off too easily from plastic (masks, fins...)

Just a question to any user of those kind of labels : on what kind of material do they stick best ?

I tried a few over the years, and for me it's always the same : stick quite nicely on metal (regs, lights, tanks...) but tend to peel off too easily from plastic (masks, fins...)
Metal and hard plastics they work great, I haven’t tried them on fins but I would guess if you put them on a low flex spot they may do well.

Metal and hard plastics they work great, I haven’t tried them on fins but I would guess if you put them on a low flex spot they may do well.

They do great there too.

I have some attached to the bottom of my fins for about as long as my backplate. A bit less use verus the backplate as I don't tech dive in these fins.

The ones I ordered include a super thin label that fits nicely on the side of my perdixes and on the exhaust valve of apeks/atomic second stages too.

@lexvil Very cool, but where do we get them if we want them?

Very cool 4 sure, my daughter quilts and has some kind of CNC machine which she uses for cutting shapes and patterns, we went to the craft store one afternoon and picked some sheets of sticker material and spent the afternoon making them up, a pile with my name different sizes and a bunch of MOD stickers for my tanks, names a bit of a pita, but the MOD stickers very slick and a BIG cost saving

I know I'm overthinking this, but I know you people have opinions about everything. What should I put on such a label? name + phone number? email address? You sortof have to choose, there being a limited amount of space. I'm thinking travel on a LOB, typically no phone or email, but I guess some kind soul could contact me when they reach port.

I know I'm overthinking this, but I know you people have opinions about everything. What should I put on such a label? name + phone number? email address? You sortof have to choose, there being a limited amount of space. I'm thinking travel on a LOB, typically no phone or email, but I guess some kind soul could contact me when they reach port.
To my thinking it’s just for identification, especially in a situation where a lot of similar equipment is in close proximity, I don’t see the point of a phone # on mine but recognize it as a good option.

Back
Top Bottom