Where can I go in a time of Covid?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you thought about Lake Mead?
There are a couple shops that have boats that can get you to sites with the required depths.
If you want cold and dark there is Flaming Gorge.

What about Phil Sammet’s operation doing tech dives off his inflatable, is that still running?

What other boats are running out of Monterey these days, Who’s left?

Phil still might be sidelined due to injury, not sure on the update there.

Diver Dans does the escapade occasionally iirc.

Have you thought about Lake Mead?
There are a couple shops that have boats that can get you to sites with the required depths.
If you want cold and dark there is Flaming Gorge.
I looked into that. The dive operators whose websites I have explored do not mention anything more than diving the B-29 wreck. Can you recommmend anyone in particular?

Yup, diving out of Tulum is logistically very easy. short boat rides, easy fills, and if the ocean blows out we have access to inland sites that get to 80m (but you'll need a local guide with you to get access to that). If you'd like any info, shoot me a PM.

I talk about friends in Mexico and you pop out of the woordwork. It's like saying Beetlejuice 3 times. :p

Well, here's a bummer.

I can't go into New Mexico because of the Covid-19 restrictions there. I just learned that the same restrictions will apply to my students if they leave the state for a dive trip and return.

That's unfortunate. Do any of your students have the ability to quarantine at home (remote work, someone else to do the grocery shopping)? It might be a lot to ask if they're only leaving for the course, but if they can get in a nice vacation after, it might be worth it. Alternatively, is there a way for you to do the quarantine in New Mexico on the cheap, maybe with a borrowed RV or something?

That's unfortunate. Do any of your students have the ability to quarantine at home (remote work, someone else to do the grocery shopping)? It might be a lot to ask if they're only leaving for the course, but if they can get in a nice vacation after, it might be worth it. Alternatively, is there a way for you to do the quarantine in New Mexico on the cheap, maybe with a borrowed RV or something?
We are working on these solutions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom