Peeing Etiquette

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was with my grandson a couple weekends ago doing his checkout dives for his open water cert. We were floating at the surface after having done the share air/controlled ascent and he said he had to pee, so I told him to just go ahead. First he thought it was gross but then he got the biggest smile on his face. I remember when we were at the beach right after he got toilet trained-he said he had to pee so we told him to just go in the water. He walked to the edge of the surf and pulled his swim trunks down and let it rip. :wink:Not precisely what we meant, but hadn't we just finished teaching him to do that?
That's funny-- like that "peeing in the deep end" joke a ways back. My first (and only) regular buddy and I were diving and his 17 year old son was on shore. He was grossed out when I said I had to pee before we submerged. Tell it to the fish. They pee all the time, and worse....

Don't make eye contact.

I find that at depth I have a lot of problems peeing. If I get real still sometimes I can, but most of the time I have to be above 30' ... best is around the 15' mark at the SS, but then everyone is watching and that throws me off a bit. I've been at 80' and dying to pee and could not release no matter what. Really don't think much about it until the moment hits, but since this topic was about peeing, thought I'd ask if this is common or I'm just special.

plus, I'd like to read another 12 pages of everyone's pee techniques.

I find that at depth I have a lot of problems peeing.

my experience mirrors yours, if not to the same degree. I do find it takes more of an effort to get 'er going at depth but (as of yet) I've not be unable to go. I avoid ss voids just because we're all hanging out in the same area but I'll often queue up toward the back of the line to take care of business before getting back on the boat.

I find that at depth I have a lot of problems peeing. If I get real still sometimes I can, but most of the time I have to be above 30' ... best is around the 15' mark at the SS, but then everyone is watching and that throws me off a bit. I've been at 80' and dying to pee and could not release no matter what. Really don't think much about it until the moment hits, but since this topic was about peeing, thought I'd ask if this is common or I'm just special.

plus, I'd like to read another 12 pages of everyone's pee techniques.
I had a real hard time going this weekend because we weren’t still. Finally everyone got mesmerized with something and I was able to stop moving and go.

I had a real hard time going this weekend because we weren’t still. Finally everyone got mesmerized with something and I was able to stop moving and go.

Hahaha... totally agree. I can't "go" while on the move... If we're ever diving together and I fall behind, staring off into the abyss, I'm likely peeing, and not in distress.... :rofl3:

Hahaha... totally agree. I can't "go" while on the move... If we're ever diving together and I fall behind, staring off into the abyss, I'm likely peeing, and not in distress.... :rofl3:

LOL - maybe we can agree to flash hand signals to differentiate narced vs micturition

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom