Windy Weather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Waiting at the pier in Coz now. Rumor is maybe a 9 am....fingers crossed. Ferry was packed both last Thursday and Monday. Pretty sure Ultramar both trips

Jay.

Looked up Melgar towards the pier at 9:40 and the line to get on the pier was still backed up a bock long so it appears the Ferry still hasn't run. If anything the white caps in the channel have gotten worse. I doubt the Ferry will run anytime soon and extremely doubtful the port will open.

We just canceled Southwest and booked on United out of Coz. Most expensive 3 days of diving ever....but worth it. Lol!! Safe travels everyone.

Jay

Anyone have any ideas about conditions the rest of the week?? Our flights leave Saturday out of Coz and we are currently stuck in in Playa without our passports/stuff.

We just canceled Southwest and booked on United out of Coz. Most expensive 3 days of diving ever.
Sorry about your luck. It'll serve as an example of risk for the bag drag.

Anyone have any ideas about conditions the rest of the week?? Our flights leave Saturday out of Coz and we are currently stuck in in Playa without our passports/stuff.
I like to leave my passport in the room safe even for a day trip to dive the cenotes, so I understand your position, but it'll serve as an example of risk for going to the mainland when the Cozumel port will be closed. All you can do is to try to enjoy the adventure.

Windguru is your best source I think, and it still looks iffy. Are there really 10 foot waves arriving at PDC? That would make ferry docking a nightmare all right. You may be there until Friday. Rent a car and tour some ruins. Good luck.

upload_2020-11-4_17-16-27.png

It's only a short time but I've been here for 18 months and never seen anything close to this - there's an airport in Playa and a service that flies private flights from Cancun to Cozumel or charters. The parking lot for the car ferry looked full of trucks when I drove by today......

Fly Cozumel

See above, meant to reply to you but didn't

It's only a short time but I've been here for 18 months and never seen anything close to this - there's an airport in Playa and a service that flies private flights from Cancun to Cozumel or charters. The parking lot for the car ferry looked full of trucks when I drove by today......

Fly Cozumel

Thanks for the info, I wonder if they would let me on a plane with no idea (oh yeah...my wallet got stolen) luckily my wife still has her cards/cash/etc.

See above, meant to reply to you but didn't
Sorry about your luck. It'll serve as an example of risk for the bag drag.

I like to leave my passport in the room safe even for a day trip to dive the cenotes, so I understand your position, but it'll serve as an example of risk for going to the mainland when the Cozumel port will be closed. All you can do is to try to enjoy the adventure.

Windguru is your best source I think, and it still looks iffy. Are there really 10 foot waves arriving at PDC? That would make ferry docking a nightmare all right. You may be there until Friday. Rent a car and tour some ruins. Good luck.

View attachment 622323

When we left the Coz port was supposed to be opening. We have cenotes diving open to us through Friday so just doing that, best way to tour the jungle I think! Just anxious obviously.

I'm hearing on FB that the people ferries are crossing?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom