First trip to Cozumel coming up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Speaking of eateries, I read somewhere that someone has opened a restaurant in what used to be Sonora Grill. Is that true and what is it called?

All the dive sites are great, and they each have their own character.

Advice: Make sure that you have a chat with your dive master before each dive. There is NOTHING worse than a dive master who takes a large group on a dive (6+ divers) and spends his time going really slowly and investigating every hole in the reef.

The current is pretty strong in Coz, and there is no way that a large group can stay with a slow-moving dive master without blowing through all their air very quickly fighting the current.

As a more experienced diver, I can easily deal with a$%hole dive masters like that without using a lot of gas, but the newbies struggle and blow through their air even faster than usual. The newbies don't have the control to stay right on the reef without causing damage, so they have to stay more out in the current, which means that they have to struggle to keep from getting blown away in the current.

The dive master HAS to keep the group moving, unless you come upon a large shelf that provides ample refuge for the entire group.

If you are lucky enough to have Jorgito as your DM, don't forget to ask him to look for the extremely rare Cozumel Pescado Pollo..... we have spent 7 years looking for one.

My favorite divesite is Cedral. It never disappoints. Don't forget to do a night dive. For something really special, take the ferry over to Playa for a day of Cenote diving with Martin from Cenote Xperience. It a little colder (77 degrees) but some of the most beautiful diving I have ever done.

Safe travels!
Jay

If you are lucky enough to have Jorgito as your DM, don't forget to ask him to look for the extremely rare Cozumel Pescado Pollo..... we have spent 7 years looking for one.

My favorite divesite is Cedral. It never disappoints. Don't forget to do a night dive. For something really special, take the ferry over to Playa for a day of Cenote diving with Martin from Cenote Xperience. It a little colder (77 degrees) but some of the most beautiful diving I have ever done.

Safe travels!
Jay

What in the heck is a chicken fish??

We’re definitely looking forward to doing a night dive. I just got a new primary torch I’m anxious to use!

What in the heck is a chicken fish??
Exactly.... it's a running joke with Jorge. He's one of the best divemasters I have ever dove with and a great person as well. Sherief and Rich are too. Get ready for some great diving.

Jay

Back
Top Bottom