How bad of a scuba gear hoarder are you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I thought they mostly just wanted old wetsuit neoprene for their recycling program. Do they take other stuff too?

I stopped by and they gave me a tour of their facilities. They take any and all gear. They have a fleet of tanks that volunteers were performing VIP's on.

Some of it they have volunteers service so that it can be used by their staff and divers. Some of it is upcycled into art that they use for awareness. They donate to local schools so the kids can use it as an art medium. Neoprene they send to their recycler who turns in into yoga mats and coasters that they give to donors.

It's a great cause and they will find a use for just about anything.

One is none, two is one.
I'm below that, other than those bins of old and current cutting tools, o-rings and hoses. :D

One to use on the dive.
One (extra) on the dive for when the first breaks.
One (extra) in the car in case the second goes down predive, to replace for the dive.
One for service cycle delays or breakage replacement ease.

Hoarding would only be a question after the fourth, depending a bit on cost, size and durability.

I have been slowly getting rid of gear that I don't use but I will probably find more "Great" deals and add to my collection later!

My wife thinks I have a problem when it comes to buying tanks. I just bought a pair of Heathways lp72s from 1966. Waiting for a fresh hydro.

I could field 5 sets of recreational gear, 2 sets of tech doubles with stages, 2 full face masks with comms and surface supply, with a backup mask. A dozen or more wetsuits. i guess that's a lot but i do a lot of different styles of diving so everything has it's use. As long as it gets used occasionally I don't consider any gear superfluous.

I got first born male child certified. Now all the gear is at his place-and I only have one complete set with me.

Although looking at new reg set and BPW setup, will need new fins and booties to go with it and dive shorts and look at that nice light...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom