Map Willow Grove School - Dale Hollow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tennjay

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi All

Here is a map to the underwater school house at Dale Hollow Lake. It is a pretty easy shore dive.

Willow Grove School House. Willow Grove Campground, Dale Hollow Lake – Allons TN
1. Shallow water buoy. School house is in the circled area (behind the buoy). Depth is around 15 to 20 feet at winter pool
Coordinates are approximately: Coordinates.png
2. Shallow water buoy
3. Parking spot during winter campground shutdown.
4. Swim area and easy entry/ exit point.

NORTH
WESTSchool map.jpgEAST
The ? is some building remnants that I found on a dive. I would have trouble finding it again.

An area view:
Broad view.jpg

Seems like nobody posts much in the way of underwater photos from Dale Hollow Lake; I take it the viz. isn't that good? I did 2 dives on a 1 day boat trip with a dive group; didn't hit the underwater attractions, so to speak. Just kind of hung out.

Did you use an onsite dive op. for tanks? If so, who?

Richard.

I have my own tanks and use a fellow scuba board member for fills. Last that I checked, Willow Grove Marina fills tanks.

Viz ran from 7 ft to 0, so if I owned a camera it wouldn't have done a lot of good. We've had tons of rain, so I would expect viz to be better in the summer.

In summer vis will range from 10-25 ft the closer to the main water the better the vis and down stream is usually better than up towards the heas water

Sorry for bringing a thread back from the dead, however I take it there is no place for public fills? I'm considering a trip to Dale Hollow this July and only have a few cylinders--which could be a problem for doing a few dives a day around the lake. Any advice where I can get cylinders filled?

The last time that I was at Willow Grove Marina they were filling tanks. It would be best to call ahead and be sure since that was about a year ago.

Also a gas station on hwy 111 between byrdstown and monroe does fills. Can't remember the name of it but if your at sunset marina go north on hwy 111 its less than one mile on right with a dive flag sign.

Hi All
I have a video where I dove the Willow Grove School. Very interesting site.

Here is a map to the underwater school house at Dale Hollow Lake. It is a pretty easy shore dive.

Willow Grove School House. Willow Grove Campground, Dale Hollow Lake – Allons TN
1. Shallow water buoy. School house is in the circled area (behind the buoy). Depth is around 15 to 20 feet at winter pool
Coordinates are approximately:View attachment 205480
2. Shallow water buoy
3. Parking spot during winter campground shutdown.
4. Swim area and easy entry/ exit point.

NORTH
WESTView attachment 205481EAST
The ? is some building remnants that I found on a dive. I would have trouble finding it again.

An area view:
View attachment 205482

Back
Top Bottom