Your "Solo Diving." Decompression Bottles(s) Setup?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love how proud you are of your immaculate gear Boston Breakwater

I turned up to my first course with my own 4 regulators, the two standard ones, one seaquest air source, and a reg on an upside down aluminium pony on the left because I only had a standard valve. Everyone wanted to be my buddy they called me the air factory
Always had both bladders hooked up when I infrequently used that type of wing, because if you have an autoinflating inflator you should leave that one behind and bring a non autoinflating one on the dive instead
and with this muscle memory thing I read about, with my five sets of gear and a rebreather
does this mean I'm in a fortunate position with multilingual six language speaking muscles
yeah and my gear doesn't change but I'm far more conservative diving with others
”The others” they will mess you up

and with this muscle memory thing I read about, with my five sets of gear and a rebreather
does this mean I'm in a fortunate position with multilingual six language speaking muscles

In regards the muscle memory.... I dive multiple configurations as well. Singles (rarely anymore) 1 of 4 sets of doubles, 1 of 3 different rebreathers. The OP asked about deco bottles (CCR they are called bailouts, but for conversation sakes same thing)

Every single backplate and wing I have is set up exactly the same so the fit and the familiarity is identical, all of my bailouts or deco bottles have inline shut offs on them. All charged and tested then valves closed. (Save my bottom gas bailout in CCR dive that tank valve is left open and the inline closed). All left handed valves on the left and right on the right. My valves are not facing down durning the dive, I clip them to my harness and then bungee loop the valve so it rotates up and back, this keeps my deco/bailouts streamlined and not dangling. All deco/bailouts are labeled with mix and MOD. This is done for me as having multiple deco/bailouts in my inventory it is important for me to know exactly which one I am pulling off the rack. All of my regulators are Atomics, with different colored hoses and different colored mouth pieces etc. (Atomics makes great color kits to do this) the only non Atomics reg I use is my O2 and it is a diverite.
The key to all of this is, yes REDUNDANCY, training and constant use of the equipment to enact the muscle memory. Do what is comfortable to you as long as you are not putting yourself at higher risk. The DIR mindset doesn’t work for everyone and never will.
Diving is not “SAFE” safe is defined as without risk. Well diving has risks. As long as you use a risk management profile and manage as many risks as you can and mitigate what you can. Diving can be as close to safe as possible. Plan your dives stick with your plans and scope of training, train every dive, and dive often. Enjoy my friends.

Attachments

• EAB2F43E-68E8-449E-881C-33C663D19724.jpeg
    EAB2F43E-68E8-449E-881C-33C663D19724.jpeg
    28.8 KB · Views: 123
For convenience, I put a mod sticker (tape with writing on it, actually) where I can read it: on the neck of the bottle.

We always put the gas analysis stickers on the neck so it's easy to read before switching.
I do have a mod sticker just below the first strap that is also relatively easy to read though.

In regards the muscle memory.... I dive multiple configurations as well. Singles (rarely anymore) 1 of 4 sets of doubles, 1 of 3 different rebreathers. The OP asked about deco bottles (CCR they are called bailouts, but for conversation sakes same thing)

Every single backplate and wing I have is set up exactly the same so the fit and the familiarity is identical, all of my bailouts or deco bottles have inline shut offs on them. All charged and tested then valves closed. (Save my bottom gas bailout in CCR dive that tank valve is left open and the inline closed). All left handed valves on the left and right on the right. My valves are not facing down durning the dive, I clip them to my harness and then bungee loop the valve so it rotates up and back, this keeps my deco/bailouts streamlined and not dangling. All deco/bailouts are labeled with mix and MOD. This is done for me as having multiple deco/bailouts in my inventory it is important for me to know exactly which one I am pulling off the rack. All of my regulators are Atomics, with different colored hoses and different colored mouth pieces etc. (Atomics makes great color kits to do this) the only non Atomics reg I use is my O2 and it is a diverite.
The key to all of this is, yes REDUNDANCY, training and constant use of the equipment to enact the muscle memory. Do what is comfortable to you as long as you are not putting yourself at higher risk. The DIR mindset doesn’t work for everyone and never will.
Diving is not “SAFE” safe is defined as without risk. Well diving has risks. As long as you use a risk management profile and manage as many risks as you can and mitigate what you can. Diving can be as close to safe as possible. Plan your dives stick with your plans and scope of training, train every dive, and dive often. Enjoy my friends.

Your entire post is bogus man!

Cool thanks for your opinion. Happy diving buddy.

I will admit @Boston Breakwater gear is pretty clean. He must take really great care of it. I can't wait to see how that white oxygen bottle looks after a few trips into the Ear.

What benefit is derived from carrying 4 second stages - while solo when using a single primary tank?
Hello. Well.......The slung bottles would be extremely difficult to breathe from without second stages.....that's two.
The back gas...single tank, has two second stages... like most configurations around the world. (Most.)
Yeah, so 4 all together.
Cheers.

Hello. Well.......The slung bottles would be extremely difficult to breathe from without second stages.....that's two.
The back gas...single tank, has two second stages... like most configurations around the world. (Most.)
Yeah, so 4 all together.
Cheers.

My inquiry was what benefit... So the benefit you derive from carrying 4 second stages is because most regulators are configured with two second stages?

My inquiry was what benefit... So the benefit you derive from carrying 4 second stages is because most regulators are configured with two second stages?
Hello. I guess.....I'm unsure, what you're asking. My setup, single tank, has (2) Second stages. One coming over each shoulder. The slung bottles have (1) Second stage each....hope that helps.
Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom