Scuba shop recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pico Perfect

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm looking for recommendations for scuba shops in Florida that carry a LARGE INVENTORY. I'm wanted to get new fins and would like to visit in person to ask questions and try them on. Trying to order off the internet is intimidating with my current lack of knowledge.

Please let me know of stores in Florida with large in house inventory.

Thanks in advance.

Divers Direct is probably the largest in terms of total sales. They have a shop in Orlando.

What kind of diving do you do and what are you interested in pursuing?

You'd do better asking if there are any locals that would let you try out different fins. Many (most?) of us have a few pairs that we won't ever use again, but cost so much we feel too guilty to just throw away.

Those are the normally the ones we got when we were just starting out and thought the dive shop would be more interested/able in helping us out than in maximizing their profit.

Divers Supply in Jacksonville has a good selection and an online presence as well.

I have to agree Diver's Direct not only 3 locals in Fl but have an online website that is fantastic.

Lowwall is right. Many shops will sell you the flavor of the month. After owning and using several different fins. I have been diving with the Scuba Pro Gorilla fins for several years. They come in different amounts of stiffness. I use the yellow Sea Wing Nova. Sharks like yellow, lol.
Good Divin, Be Safe.
SoCalRich

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom