Revo vs JJ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It fits perfectly around my paper-towel-wrapped HUD. It gives the HUD a chance of surviving getting whipped around at the end of the cable when I'm repacking sorb and otherwise stepping on dangly things. :eek:

It fits perfectly around my paper-towel-wrapped HUD. It gives the HUD a chance of surviving getting whipped around at the end of the cable when I'm repacking sorb and otherwise stepping on dangly things. :eek:
That is such a brilliant idea! Syringe added to my kit, too!

Isn't the Nomad XT a sidemount wing? Just curious how you had that configured.

I believe you are correct. I bought my rEvo used and it already had that wing on it. When I bought the Micro and sold the Mini, I swapped wings and harnesses, so I kept the Nomad and have it on the Micro now.

I'm not sure there is much to tell on configuring it. The holes in the wing line up just fine with the bolts that hold the stock rEvo top and bottom back plates on. The Nomad has a slide on each side of the bottom that the waist belt routes through, to hold the wing down, instead of letting it float up behind me.

When I bought the Mini, it had the Nomad wing and some kind of hybrid arrangement of harness, I guess. A combo of Nomad harness bits and stock rEvo bits? I guess? Since I have never had a purely stock rEvo, I can't be sure. But, when I moved the Nomad to my new-to-me Micro, I got rid of that harness and also the soft back plate thing that I think was part of the stock Nomad wing.

Now I have the stock rEvo top and bottom back plate pieces, with a one-piece Hogarthian webbing harness, and the wing sandwiched in between the rEvo case and the stock back plate pieces. It seems to work fine.

I think the Nomad wing has more lift capacity than the stock rEvo wing. I think that is good when doing deeper dives, carrying more BO cylinders.

And I think the Nomad wing is shaped so that it gives more lift down towards my hips, versus up higher. I think that is why I can get good horizontal trim with no trim weight needed up high on the unit.

For $6 on Amazon for a yard of 1mm wetsuit neoprene and some velcro, I sewed up a cover that addresses my similar concerns.
View attachment 623265
Lots of floaty sand for my shore entries and exits here in NorCal. While it's not a safety issue, since there's a second wiper oring at the top of the head, it offends my sensibilities to scratch the inside of the can pulling the head out with sand down in the crack between it and the can. This inexpensive cap, since I wasn't about to pay 70Euro for Narked at 90's version, works fine.

Pete Mesley has a 3D printer version and has published the file. But I inquired about a one-off version from four 3D companies, and got quotes from $160-230. Nope!
ive got freinds who also have th 3d printed version and theyre not that happy with it and are still trying - ill send them your pic

ive got freinds who also have th 3d printed version and theyre not that happy with it and are still trying - ill send them your pic
Depending upon how good a seal you wanted, it would be pretty easy to add a short sleeve around the corrugated loop hoses that you could cinch up as well. But this keeps out 90% of the stuff that bugs me.

Depending upon how good a seal you wanted, it would be pretty easy to add a short sleeve around the corrugated loop hoses that you could cinch up as well. But this keeps out 90% of the stuff that bugs me.
actually if you really wanted to go the whole hog what about machining a rebate around the can for an o ring than get a 3d cap to slide over it with short sleeves coming up then you can then put a sleeve/loop protector over them

actually if you really wanted to go the whole hog what about machining a rebate around the can for an o ring than get a 3d cap to slide over it with short sleeves coming up then you can then put a sleeve/loop protector over them
Great idea! But not for $6...:D

Do the various anti-debris caps change the bubble check protocoll on descent? Don't get me wrong, if I had a JJ I would definetely copy Rsinglers neoprene cover. But I wonder whether we should consider how it can mask a telltale stream of bubbles caused by a leak?

Do the various anti-debris caps change the bubble check protocoll on descent? Don't get me wrong, if I had a JJ I would definetely copy Rsinglers neoprene cover. But I wonder whether we should consider how it can mask a telltale stream of bubbles caused by a leak?

Oxygen hose to the solenoid is the only LP connection in the head under that neoprene cover. Everything else there is ambient pressure (loop) which doesn't give a reliable constant telltale stream of bubbles anyway.

Back
Top Bottom